Duplicate emails and registration concerns

17 years 10 months ago #11583 by moneybagsxp
Duplicate emails and registration concerns was created by moneybagsxp
I have searched the forums and can't seem to find this anywhere...we're experiencing something VERY frustrating and equally concerning.

NOTE: We are using "CB RC2 Registration" method.

1. When a user registers, on completion they are taken to an "incomplete" or "blank" (if you will) version of our home page. All modules are empty, and content is minimal? ...I've seen this with certain "redirect" methods to index.php [whereas mosRedirect() does not have this issue]

... AND THEN THIS ...

2. So, we implicitly chose to enforce Unique Email Addresses in Joomla Global Config setup. Unfortunately if I try and register using the EXACT same info (including email address obviously) I am taken to the semi-blank/empty home page again and am not receiving the JS alerts indicating "the email is in use"

It is my belief these errors are related.

Has anyone seen this surface before? Any help/suggestions?

Post edited by: moneybagsxp, at: 2006/05/05 01:28

www.pixelchutes.com - Where every pixel matters.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 10 months ago #11584 by beat
- Is your javascript / scripting enabled in the browser settings ?

- If yes: try the other way

- What's the source-code of that blank page ?

- I'm quite sure it's either JS not enabled or a JS conflict with another module on same page...

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

17 years 10 months ago #11591 by moneybagsxp
Replied by moneybagsxp on topic Re:Duplicate emails and registration concerns
beat wrote:

- Is your javascript / scripting enabled in the browser settings ?

- If yes: try the other way

- What's the source-code of that blank page ?

- I'm quite sure it's either JS not enabled or a JS conflict with another module on same page...

Yes, JS is enabled... Not sure I follow by "try the other way"?

I've searched the output of the resulting "blank page".

NOTE:
1. there are no evident JS errors
2. there is no JS output specific to CB registration results.
3. There are missing modules / they were never output at all...some DO appear though.

I don't see how JavaScript could interfere server-side with the output of the modules?

17 years 10 months ago #11592 by beat
Well, i don't understand the problem as described. Could you please describe more in detail, maybe with images, and maybe give/pm url to site to understand better what you mean.

Thanks,

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

17 years 10 months ago #11594 by moneybagsxp
Replied by moneybagsxp on topic Re:Duplicate emails and registration concerns
beat wrote:

Well, i don't understand the problem as described. Could you please describe more in detail, maybe with images, and maybe give/pm url to site to understand better what you mean.

Thanks,

Sure. Will provide screen shots tomorrow.

In short, this is the error:

1. If a user registers, the page AFTER registration is an incomplete version of the home page. This only happens immediately after form posts via the com_comprofiler registration component.

2. Further, if a user registers using an already defined email address (Unique=true in global config) the same blank page is shown, and no javascript alert as expected.

17 years 10 months ago #12080 by moneybagsxp
Replied by moneybagsxp on topic All hail CB 1.0 STABLE!
OK...Check your PM for the link. Try registering, you'll see exactly what I mean.

NOTE: The registration itself is just fine. You receive the emails, are entered correctly into the tables, etc...it's just the display following registration.

thanks!

Post edited by: moneybagsxp, at: 2006/05/10 20:35

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn