"Warning: exec() has been disabled" message

13 years 2 months ago #14435 by RDWebMaker
Can anyone tell me why these two errors have appeared in the Configuration Manager, and what I need to do to fix them? Thanks - in advance!

Warning: exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/*****/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/imgToolbox.class.php on line 625

Warning: exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/*****/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/imgToolbox.class.php on line 633
13 years 3 weeks ago #17547 by Syrinx
I have just noticed I am having this exact same issues on all my Community Builder sites' configuration manager.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

In what way is this affecting CB?
13 years 3 weeks ago #17554 by beat
Nothing serious to bother about: it's the autodetection of ImageMagic and NetPBM image processing programs which, if installed, can be used for the avatars resizing.

But as your ISP has disabled the ability to execute a program from PHP, the test fails (and displays a warning message for each of these two).

This thread shows a possible fix to this small problem (which is only esthetics in the backend):

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,/func,view/catid,30/id,15727/#15727

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
12 years 11 months ago #19839 by rpitera
Beat, I've read this (the referenced post) at least 5 times and I STILL cannot fathom what needs to be changed and where. (And according to the reply = which is from 8/10 and still unanswered, I'm not the only one..;)

Do you think you could post simple instructions like all of your fixes; i.e. "at line # in /administrator/components/com_comprofiler/imgToolbox.class.php add/change/edit..etc" and make THAT the sticky?

Thanks...:cheer:
12 years 11 months ago #19867 by beat
CB 1.0.1 fixes that problem. Please Update to 1.0.1 (highly recommended).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
12 years 11 months ago #19870 by rpitera
beat wrote:

CB 1.0.1 fixes that problem. Please Update to 1.0.1 (highly recommended).

Umm, I am running CB 1.0.1 stable. The error appears since I modified my php.ini according to the new guidelines posted at the Joomla Forums. They suggested the following:
[code:1]allow_url_fopen = OFF
register_globals = OFF
disable_functions = show_source, system, shell_exec, passthru, exec, phpinfo, popen, proc_open[/code:1]
Since exec() calls are turned off the tests no longer work, as expected, but I do not understand the hack the way it is presented in the thread.

Unless you're saying that I am going to far by blocking these calls.
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.408 seconds
Facebook Twitter Google LinkedIn