registration problem

18 years 4 months ago #1498 by Sibling Chris
registration problem was created by Sibling Chris
hope someone can help with this because I have a bunch of users unconfirmed stacking up at the moment!

First off I have "require admin approval" set to "no" and "require email confirmation" set to "yes"

the new users get a confirmation link but when clicked on the new user is not confirmed, but it is automatically approved according to user management admin page. instead of getting the confirmation message when clicking the link the user is told "Your account is not yet active. Please check your email and follow the instructions to complete the registration process." - no more e-mails are sent to them or the admin

of course I can manually edit the db, but I really need to sort this out

I am using CB 1.0 RC 2 and Mambo 4.5.3

any help greatly appreciated

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 4 months ago #1515 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:registration problem
Mambo 4.5.3 is not officially supported.
You need to change the default wording in the email messages (backend cb configuration registration tab) to align them with the workflows you have selected.
The problem might be mambo 4.5.3 related.

18 years 4 months ago #1541 by Sibling Chris
Replied by Sibling Chris on topic Re:registration problem
re. Mambo 4.5.3 I have only just upgraded and the CB problem was occuring before then with 4.5.2. I can see a user that has this problem having registered on 1st Dec, but I have only upgraded mambo on 4th Dec.

As far as I am aware the messages seem to match the workflow I am using for registration. The correct confirmation message is recieved by the user but then the confirmation link does not work.

Does this look ok to you?...

Pending Approval Subject: Registration Confirmation
Pending Approval Email:
Greetings [NAME],

Thank you for joining the Blue Like Jazz community. We have received your request and your account will be activated as soon as you confirm your email address by clicking on the following link:

[CONFIRM]

[DETAILS]

Thanks for joining the Blue Like Jazz community!

Kind Regards,
The Blue Like Jazz Administration Team

Welcome Subject: New User Details
Welcome Email:
Welcome [NAME],

Your application has been approved by our administration team.

Your account with the following details:
[DETAILS]
has been activated.

We welcome you to our online community and trust that together we will grow.

Enjoy the experience!

Kind Regards,
The Blue Like Jazz Administration Team

thanks
Chris

18 years 4 months ago #1590 by Sibling Chris
more info

ok so I've been trying to debug the confrim function in comprofiler.php hwne I clickon a vliad confirm link - I can verify the md5 is correct based on the id of the users record in the mos_comprofiler table

I made a few debug changes...

line 10 of the code below only had a == which I changed to ===

following this you can see I echo the sbsignature column which I know is populated - but it does not display anything. now something must be returned in $user from the select otherwise the "you not authorised to view the page" message would be shown and it isn't.

then I added DEBUG 1 to one ofhte mssages so I coud see the code was going where I thought and it is. so not only does the SELECT not work and teh approved flag not return the value it should, but the UPDATE doesn't work either

I'm pretty new to PHP but this still seems strange to me - any ideas?

[code:1]function confirm($confirmcode){
global $database,$my,$ueConfig,$_REQUEST,$_PLUGINS;

if($my->id < 1) {

$query = "SELECT * FROM #__comprofiler c, #__users u WHERE c.id=u.id AND md5(c.id) = '" . cbGetEscaped($confirmcode) . "'";
$database->setQuery($query);
$user = $database->loadObjectList();
if ($user===null) {
mosNotAuth();
return;
}
echo $user[0]->sbsignature . "<br>";

$_PLUGINS->loadPluginGroup('user');
$_PLUGINS->trigger( 'onBeforeUserConfirm', array($user[0]));
if($_PLUGINS->is_errors()) {
echo $_PLUGINS->getErrorMSG("<br />"«»);
exit();
}

$query = "UPDATE #__comprofiler SET confirmed = 1 WHERE md5(id) = '" . cbGetEscaped($confirmcode) . "'";
$database->setQuery($query);

if(mysql_affected_rows() == 0) {
if ($user===null) {
echo _UE_USER_NOTCONFIRMED . "<br>";
} else {
if ($user[0]->approved == 0) echo _UE_USER_CONFIRMED_NEEDAPPR . "DEBUG 1 <br>";
else echo _UE_USER_CONFIRMED . "<br>";
}
} else .........{[/code:1]

18 years 4 months ago #1627 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:registration problem
Sibling Chris wrote:

re. Mambo 4.5.3 I have only just upgraded and the CB problem was occuring before then with 4.5.2. I can see a user that has this problem having registered on 1st Dec, but I have only upgraded mambo on 4th Dec.
thanks
Chris

I recall that RC2 confirm links are different from RC1 confirm links. Maybe that's your problem ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

18 years 4 months ago #1651 by Sibling Chris
beat wrote:

Sibling Chris wrote:

thanks
Chris

I recall that RC2 confirm links are different from RC1 confirm links. Maybe that's your problem ?

sorry for sounding stupid, but what difference does that make?
I've never had CB 1.0 RC1 installed, only ever RC2 - the above comments and code snippets are all RC2.

confused,
Sibling Chris

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.305 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn