Disabled users unable to access public areas

17 years 8 months ago #18045 by Aly
I'm pretty sure this is a simple cookies issue, but not sure how to best resolve it or advise my users.

I run a paid membership site. When someone expires I manually disable their access in the User Manager (by clicking off the "enabled" checkmark)

Then if they renew, I manually re-enable them. To renew, they currently go to a public page on the site and use my Paypal "buy now" button.

Problem is that a couple of people seem to be getting stuck in a loop where no matter what they click on in the publicly accessible site menu, they get the pop-up message that their account has been disabled!!

Any solution I can offer or code would be awesome thanks??

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 8 months ago #18064 by beat
You should upgrade to CB 1.0 stable.

CB 1.0 stable logs off the people when you disable them, so should work there.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

17 years 8 months ago #18082 by Aly
Ah, ok ... I have hesitated to upgrade this particular site as I have so many people logged in all the time. But I will take the plunge today. Thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn