Big Problems with letters like öäüß

18 years 4 months ago #267 by beat
Retested here with German and French accented characters, all is fine.

Seing the image with the main menu having the correct accented characters, and CB having the wrong ones, I have the impression that your site character encoding have changed over time without correct update in the database, or your browser is not in sync.

- Did you check that your browser charset selection is "automatic" ?

- Did you try to update the profile with frontend user edit with correct accented characters ?

If both of this don't work, please PM me your site URL and a login to see the html code generated...

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 months ago #303 by JoomlaJon
Same thing in Sweden, we have three extra letters compared to most other languages. The å ä ö.

But now my configuration tab works so I am full of joy, and we are planning to do our site in english anyway...

Danke,

18 years 3 months ago #319 by hayco
Hallo Caspar,

welche Version nutzt du? Darf ich die RC2 Version falls du die hast, auch mal probieren. Ich nutze derzeit RC1 mit Joomla und es funktioniert problemlos mit den Umlauten.

Viele Grüße

Hayco

Sorry hab gepennt, du nutzt die RC2 Version....

Post edited by: hayco, at: 2005/11/19 11:18

18 years 3 months ago #415 by Caspar
Ok in the index.php I am using the ISO:utf-8
That should do it and yes my browser is set to automatic!
And yes I tried to update it from back- and frontend and even from within the database.
Any suggestions?

Do me a favour an go to www.st-sebastian-beckum.de and click on the green image, which says TOP 50 and vote for the page. Thanks!

18 years 3 months ago #424 by Caspar
Just wanted to say that with the joomla update to 1.0.4 everything is fixed. :laugh: ...just a lot of work getting everything back to normal! :(

Do me a favour an go to www.st-sebastian-beckum.de and click on the green image, which says TOP 50 and vote for the page. Thanks!

18 years 3 months ago #425 by JoomlaJon
I still have the problems, It started with the Community Builder and remains after I have uninstalled the component. The characters works fine in menus but not in content just like Caspar showed with graphics.

I have updated joomla to 1.0.4 but the problem remains. I guess the solution is out there, but I don't know it yet.

Where in the index.php and how should the utf-8 look?

/jon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn