3 registration problem and more

18 years 4 months ago #2215 by acampito
3 registration problem and more was created by acampito
Hi:

I have 3 problems with the registration:

1. The administrator doesn't recieve any email notification (new user), but the users do. I haven´t problems with the joomla registration emails (i recieve the new users notification).

2. I'm using registration only with email confirmation. When a user logins without confirm his email (clicking the hyperlink in the mail) nothing happens. The web shows a white page and you don't receive any alert. (this is just a test, but in other sites i recieved alerts and i went back to the frontpage)

3. When a user recieves the email with the link to confirm his mail, he must click twice on the hyperlink to get the "you're ready..." page. When you click just one time, the web shows a white page and you don't receive any alert.

I've this problem with firefox and internet explorer.

I've tested other sites with CB RC2 and there weren't these problems.

I'm using joomla 1.0.4 (but i've the same problem with mambo 4.5.1 a).

PHP 5.0.4, mysql 4.1.14

Phpinfo
Directive Actual
Safe Mode: OFF
Display Errors: ON
File Uploads: ON
Magic Quotes GPC: ON
Magic Quotes Runtime: OFF
Register Globals: OFF
Output Buffering: OFF
Session auto start: OFF

Please help me.

Thanks (and sorry for my english)

PD: I have other problem. When i click the save button in a user page (backend), nothing happens, it doesn't save anything and i get a white page.I

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 4 months ago #2566 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:3 registration problem and more
Looks like you have hidden PHP errors. Please turn site debug on in main Joomla config and try again. You should see errors/warning appear.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

18 years 4 months ago #2590 by acampito
Replied by acampito on topic Re:3 registration problem and more
Hi beat, thanks for your answer, but:

I turned site debug on, but I only see queries executed reports. There aren't errors or warnings. I still see white pages (and nothing happens) in the cases I explained. :(

You can visit my website www.momentocero.com and try the " CB Login RC2".

Please help me (again).

:)

18 years 4 months ago #2591 by acampito
Replied by acampito on topic Re:3 registration problems and more
By the way, www.momentocero.com is just a test site.

My official site is www.momentocero.cl . I have 120 registered people, but i can't use the CB RC2 either.

In that site, I tried first the joomla registration system and everything worked fine. Then I tested CB RC2 and i got the registration problems. So, I tried a mix:

The joomla registration module and the CB RC2 component.

Everything was working fine, but I noted a problem. In the backend, when I edit a user, and then press the save button I get the white page (and nothing happens:ohmy: ).

After that, I unpublished the CB RC2 and I posted here.

Please help me, 120 young (chilean) people will be very happy (i hope so).

:)

18 years 4 months ago #2595 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:3 registration problems and more
Ok, let me also take a shot at this ...

#1 - Since users receive email notifications this means that your email service is setup correctly in Joomla/Mambo. The fact that admins don't receive notifications might be due to bad CB backend configuration. CB-Configuration->Moderation tab should be set to the group you want. Also, if this is set to superadmin then please check the actual superadmin you claim is not receiving notifications and make sure that the Receive Moderator Emails is set to Yes in the contact info tab.

#2 - I confirmed that when you try to login using an unapproved/unconfirmed account you are taken to an Error Code 64: Host not available. Check the Live Site url in the Joomla/Mambo global configuration backend. Maybe this is not correct.

#3 - I think this is related with #2

18 years 4 months ago #2620 by acampito
Replied by acampito on topic Re:3 registration problems and more
Thank for your reply, but the configuration in the backend is ok.

After your reply, I installed the CB RC1 to confirm my configuration, and everything was working fine. I received all mails, and I don't see white pages in the registration process.

:blink:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn