3 registration problem and more

18 years 2 months ago #5886 by pincas
Replied by pincas on topic Re:3 registration problems and more
I have similar problems with Cbuilder.
- When a user registers:
1- he receives the email asking for confirmation.
2- he confirms and gets the confirmation message
3- the admin receives an email warning of new user.
Up to here no problems...
4-when in the backend the admin aproves the user, no email gets sent to the user warning him he is aproved, hence he never knows when his login is working.
5-If the user isn't aproved there are no progress status emails beeing sent either.

I'm using joomla 1.0.4 and 1.0.7 same problems.

Going to try Cbuilder RC1 and see what happens...

P.S. - (entering noob mode:) Is there a frontend method to aprove users?

Post edited by: pincas, at: 2006/02/09 00:21

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 2 months ago #5900 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:3 registration problems and more
pincas wrote:

I have similar problems with Cbuilder.
- When a user registers:
1- he receives the email asking for confirmation.
2- he confirms and gets the confirmation message
3- the admin receives an email warning of new user.
Up to here no problems...
4-when in the backend the admin aproves the user, no email gets sent to the user warning him he is aproved, hence he never knows when his login is working.
5-If the user isn't aproved there are no progress status emails beeing sent either.

I'm using joomla 1.0.4 and 1.0.7 same problems.

Going to try Cbuilder RC1 and see what happens...

P.S. - (entering noob mode:) Is there a frontend method to aprove users?

Post edited by: pincas, at: 2006/02/09 00:21

In RC2 (RC1 also) you need to click on the red sign in the user list to approve the user from backend. Changing the state in user edit does not send email. Alternate way is from front-end with the moderation module.

This forgetting of sending email in backend user edit is fixed in upcoming 1.0 stable.

Hope this helps.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

18 years 2 months ago #5905 by pincas
Replied by pincas on topic Re:3 registration problems and more
Not only it helps but it solves it completly!
Thank you very much for your help.
I have another question for you... (don´t they all)
I've benn translating the portuguese BR plugin to Iberian Portuguese, not quite finished yet but when i'm done with it i would like to share it.
Would you guys be interested in it?
Also i've noticed there's not alot of documentation about this project wich seems a shame because this is really an interesting one.
If you have anything in need of translation from english to portuguese i would be happy to help.
Thanks again and keep up the great work!

Post edited by: pincas, at: 2006/02/09 03:59

18 years 2 months ago #6045 by evanssd
Replied by evanssd on topic Re:3 registration problem and more
I'm still not receiving notification emails when new users register. I want to be able to approve new members. I have all the backend settings correct (moderation group set to superadmin, and superadmin set to receive emails). Any other ideas? thanks.

18 years 4 weeks ago #8980 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:3 registration problems and more
pincas wrote:

Not only it helps but it solves it completly!
Thank you very much for your help.
I have another question for you... (don´t they all)
I've benn translating the portuguese BR plugin to Iberian Portuguese, not quite finished yet but when i'm done with it i would like to share it.
Would you guys be interested in it?
Also i've noticed there's not alot of documentation about this project wich seems a shame because this is really an interesting one.
If you have anything in need of translation from english to portuguese i would be happy to help.
Thanks again and keep up the great work!

Post edited by: pincas, at: 2006/02/09 03:59

We sure are interested. If not already done: please contact Nick (nant) by email using contact form so that you can send him the translation (and join translators team to get next releases for translation, if you wish).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn