405 Error When Registering

18 years 2 months ago #4301 by cubsvikes
405 Error When Registering was created by cubsvikes
Just got RC2 installed with old RC1 data. Everything works fine... logging in. But when I tested someone registering, I filled out the form and when I clicked the "Send Registration" button, the page immediately pops a 405 error in IE: "Resource Not Allowed." In Mozilla it says "Method Not Allowed
The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /Index.htm."

I hope I don't sound like an idiot (although I am) but I have no idea where to start to fix this. Help anyone? Thanks!

Andy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 2 months ago #4302 by cubsvikes
Replied by cubsvikes on topic Re:405 Error When Registering
Nevermind, I just figured it out. I am an idiot! We're hiding our site before launch with a static .htm page from dreamweaver. That's the page it has an error with... I think. I'll test it and reply to myself a third time... for the other moronic tools out there like me. :P Thanks anyway if you read!

18 years 2 months ago #4303 by cubsvikes
Yep... that was it! I'm an idiot. At least my posts were short! I'll shut up now. Thanks anyway!

18 years 4 weeks ago #8445 by pcarmona
Replied by pcarmona on topic Re:405 Error When Registering
I got the same problem but we have an intro running in the html page so isn't an option to remove it.
Is there a way that the user when pressing the register button can be redirected to {live_site}/index.php instead of the home?

Thanks
PS: you can check it www.lamaniaaruba.com

18 years 3 weeks ago #8476 by cubsvikes
I really don't know. Maybe try putting your flash movie in a module on the home page, but then you'd really have to shrink the size of the movie.. The only other idea I have that might work is to install your joomla site in a sub folder.. ie . "subfolder.domain.com" or "www.domain.com/subfolder"

Then forward your intro page to there. Only ideas I have that might work. Haven't tried them so I don't know they'll work or not ( In other words, please don't blame me if you go to all the trouble of trying it and it doesn't work:unsure: )

Post edited by: cubsvikes, at: 2006/03/19 03:19

18 years 3 weeks ago #8689 by pcarmona
Replied by pcarmona on topic Re:405 Error When Registering
Thanks for the answer but also would be nice to know from the dev team
    what changed from the previous version of CB to this one

Before it worked perfect. I hope they restore the register button to work properly in the next version.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 2.737 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn