Userlist 'Fields List' bug

18 years 2 months ago #5240 by geeffland
Userlist 'Fields List' bug was created by geeffland
In the production release of RC2 it does not appear that all comprofiler fields are list in the "Fields List" so they can not currently be added to the user list... They do appear in the Sort by and Filter By lists however...

Is this a bug? and has this been fixed since the RC2 Release (in a testteam release)?

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 2 months ago #5345 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Userlist 'Fields List' bug
geeffland wrote:

In the production release of RC2 it does not appear that all comprofiler fields are list in the "Fields List" so they can not currently be added to the user list... They do appear in the Sort by and Filter By lists however...

Is this a bug? and has this been fixed since the RC2 Release (in a testteam release)?

Can you please precise your question (give example?) ?

Are these fields from plugins ?

Or pseudo-fields ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

18 years 2 months ago #5394 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:Userlist 'Fields List' bug
Sure,

Our phpBB Connector adds a CB field of cb_phpbbid into the comprofiler table (by means of the XML install file).

When I create a user list, I can see that field in the "Sort By" and "Filer By" combo boxes but it does not show up in the "Fields List" at the bottom. That keeps me from adding that field into a user list.

Here are the settings for the field in case they affect its visibility in the "Fields List"

Required?: No
Show on Profile?: No
User Read Only?: Yes
Show at Registration?: No
Published: Yes

18 years 2 months ago #5397 by beat
OK: this is the reason your field is not a "normal" cb field:

In the XML file for the tab tag, there is a parameter fields="0":

This parameter sets the nature of the fields in that tab to either:

- normal CB fields (seen in the fields management list) if fields="1"

- private plugin fields (not seen in the fields management list) if fields="0".

The fact that the fields are still seen in the sortby and filterby admin lists can be considered as a small bug... Please log it as a bug at the forge.

Thanks,
Beat

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

18 years 2 months ago #5432 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:Userlist 'Fields List' bug
Thanks for the reply Beat...

A couple of quick follow-ups

First here is our XML for the tabs
<tabs>
<tab name="phpBB forum" description="" class="getphpbbTab" cbfields="0" position="cb_tabmain">
<fields>
<field title="phpBB ID" name="cb_phpbbid" description="This is the users id number in phpBB." type="text" registration="0" profile="0" readonly="1" params="" />
</fields>
</tab>
</tabs>

The added field does show in the the field management screen... just as a test I dug through the admin.comprofiler files... I noticed and tested changing the profile Field for the field to 1 (instead of its 0) and then it shows up in the filed list. Not sure if this is what happens with the fields="1" or not...

My vote would be to change line 424 in admin.comprofiler.php from

. "\nWHERE f.published = 1 AND f.profile=1"
to

. "\nWHERE f.published = 1"

so that the field does not have to be shown in the profile to show up in a user list... Would be handy in an admin user list for instance.

Sorry about the slight direction change... bad habit of starting a message then testing some code before finishing the message...

18 years 1 month ago #8983 by beat
geeffland wrote:

My vote would be to change line 424 in admin.comprofiler.php from

. "\nWHERE f.published = 1 AND f.profile=1"
to

. "\nWHERE f.published = 1"

so that the field does not have to be shown in the profile to show up in a user list... Would be handy in an admin user list for instance.

Sorry about the slight direction change... bad habit of starting a message then testing some code before finishing the message...

After some thoughts, we decided to not make that change for 1.0 stable.

Reason is as follows: we would have needed to mark the corresponding fields in the list, to avoid an admin inadvertantly publishing in a list something which is not visible in the front-end. And that's a new feature for the feature-requests tracker.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.637 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn