User List Comes Up Blank

18 years 2 weeks ago #7886 by blawrimore
User List Comes Up Blank was created by blawrimore
Would somebody please help me? I have spent hours trying to get my user list to show. I changed it to a URL link which pulls up a User List window, tells me I have X number of registered users, but will not list them. I try the pulldown menu and it doesn't work. I click on List All and it doesn't work. But when I go into my SQL database, there are the members' records. In fact when I pull a member list in the Admin part of CB, it lists the users. Why won't it do this on the front end?
Many thanks to kind Joomlapolitans!
B Lawrimore

President, Lawrimore Inc., lciweb.com
Administrator, Small Business Success Network, sbsn.org

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 4 days ago #8967 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:User List Comes Up Blank
Sorry for late reply... Don't know if you solved in the mean time.

Maybe a good starting point is to turn site debugging on and also the tracing of the database requests.

You may see errrors and also the wrong sql request.

Please post reply here, i've subscribed this topic for 1.0 stable.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

18 years 1 day ago #9135 by jroussel
Replied by jroussel on topic Re:User List Comes Up Blank
I have the same problem, but because I am running it on my testing server, I can see what the error message is. This is the error message that I'm receiving.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.html.php on line 718

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Juanita

Post edited by: jroussel, at: 2006/03/27 20:09

18 years 1 day ago #9151 by beat
jroussel wrote:

I have the same problem, but because I am running it on my testing server, I can see what the error message is. This is the error message that I'm receiving.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.html.php on line 718

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Juanita

Post edited by: jroussel, at: 2006/03/27 20:09

Thanks for reporting this bug precisely.

in RC2, you can replace on that line 718:
[code:1] foreach($users as $user) {[/code:1]
with:
[code:1] if (is_array($users)) foreach($users as $user) {[/code:1]

as temporary fix. This will at least not trigger that error, but display no users, since in your case there were no users matching the list filter.

In 1.0 final, I'm adding a message "No users in this list" for this case.

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

18 years 1 day ago #9152 by jroussel
Replied by jroussel on topic Re:User List Comes Up Blank
Hi Beat,

Thanks for the temporary bug fix. My only problem is that I have set up the list filter to show all users, but I'm still not seeing anyone, even though it shows there are 89 users in the database. I don't understand why no one is showing up in my list.

Juanita

18 years 1 day ago #9153 by beat
jroussel wrote:

Hi Beat,

Thanks for the temporary bug fix. My only problem is that I have set up the list filter to show all users, but I'm still not seeing anyone, even though it shows there are 89 users in the database. I don't understand why no one is showing up in my list.

Juanita

Probably the settings in backend are not right... ;)

Check:
- groups of users which can be displayed in that list (one must be selected at least) and filters.
- columns with content are enabled.
- all field referenced in list settings exist.

If all is ok, enable site debugging, and after the page you will see the SQL queries performed. Look for the query performed to get users list.
The query looks like:
[code:1]"SELECT *, '' AS 'NA' FROM #__users u, #__comprofiler ue WHERE u.id=ue.id AND u.block!=1 and ue.approved=1 AND ue.banned=0 AND ue.confirmed=1 AND u.gid IN [/code:1]
(replace #__ by mos_ or jos_ depending of mambo/joomla tables).

It should give you a hint on why the list is empty (which was the base problem, i agree ;) ).

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.317 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn