Row size too large

13 years 9 months ago #134207 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Row size too large
ThePiston wrote:

just ran into this issue myself after about 110 fields - I just deleted some of the extra stuff I didn't need from other plugins

Please search as there has been heated discussions of this issue. There is actually a resolution which requires editing your cb.core.xml file and running CB Tools that will resolve this issue. ;)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #134211 by ThePiston
Replied by ThePiston on topic Re:Row size too large
i read that but it requires moving from varchar to text, right? what if i want varchar?

CB 2.3, CBsubs 4.3, PHP 7.1, J! 3.9.X

13 years 9 months ago #134333 by krileon
ThePiston wrote:

i read that but it requires moving from varchar to text, right? what if i want varchar?

varchar takes up more usage then text does, text is stored in a separate processor allowing more text columns then varchar columns. If you want varchar that's fine, but you'll have to understand that you're going to reach a limit and there won't be anyone that can do anything about it. It's simply a limitation of MYSQL.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #134343 by ThePiston
Replied by ThePiston on topic Re:Row size too large
i don't need all of them varchar, but i'll cross that road if I get to it. If I use the CB tools, will my fields all get set back to 255?

CB 2.3, CBsubs 4.3, PHP 7.1, J! 3.9.X

13 years 9 months ago #134472 by krileon
ThePiston wrote:

i don't need all of them varchar, but i'll cross that road if I get to it. If I use the CB tools, will my fields all get set back to 255?

Yes, if your XML file reflects the fieldtypes being 255.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn