Row size too large

14 years 4 months ago #116807 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Row size too large
It's a limitation of MYSQL. Nothing CB, nothing you, or anyone can do about it. That's how MYSQL works. You've too many fields. 65535 is not the number of fields, it's the number of BYTES. As I read it you've approx 2,000 fields? That's easily going to consume ALL the resources available for that many columns. You simply have too many fields. You should consider ways to consolidate them down or remove un-necessary fields. Another option is to develop field type plugins which store to a different table.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 4 months ago #116832 by romannumeralus
Replied by romannumeralus on topic Re:Row size too large
That sucks. Thank you for the clarification. To further clarify, I've only created 109 fields. But I have drop downs with select options that total about 2010 field values (Like countries and states mainly). I ran a query to check the size of the 'jos_comprofiler_field_values' table and it says the Max Data Length is 281474976710655, and the Index Length is 52224. I have 974 Rows. The Engine is MyISAM. Is it possible to change the Default Engine from MyISAM to InnoDB? If so, will this mess up the interaction with Community Builder? If not, will this give me more space in this table? Please advise.

14 years 4 months ago #116986 by krileon
romannumeralus wrote:

That sucks. Thank you for the clarification. To further clarify, I've only created 109 fields. But I have drop downs with select options that total about 2010 field values (Like countries and states mainly). I ran a query to check the size of the 'jos_comprofiler_field_values' table and it says the Max Data Length is 281474976710655, and the Index Length is 52224. I have 974 Rows. The Engine is MyISAM. Is it possible to change the Default Engine from MyISAM to InnoDB? If so, will this mess up the interaction with Community Builder? If not, will this give me more space in this table? Please advise.

Don't know; not a database expert. I advise you to consult with your host on this matter and its possible detrimental effects.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 3 months ago #117945 by greenkoi
Replied by greenkoi on topic Re:Row size too large
I just ran into this myself and am searching for a solution. The thread seemed to die out and I was wondering if you found some workaround - be it a new DB engine or what.

Any insight would be most appreciated.

14 years 3 months ago #118018 by krileon
greenkoi wrote:

I just ran into this myself and am searching for a solution. The thread seemed to die out and I was wondering if you found some workaround - be it a new DB engine or what.

Any insight would be most appreciated.

Again, there is no workaround. This is a limitation of the database; of MYSQL it self. There is a limit to the amount of columns a table is permitted to have.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

13 years 10 months ago #133974 by ThePiston
Replied by ThePiston on topic Re:Row size too large
just ran into this issue myself after about 110 fields - I just deleted some of the extra stuff I didn't need from other plugins

CB 2.3, CBsubs 4.3, PHP 7.1, J! 3.9.X

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn