Moderator/Manager Cannot Edit User Read Only?

14 years 6 months ago #114947 by baisan
Hi... I already search the forum and read the documentation but I cannot find the right answer and I really getten frustrated here.

1. I set in the "Moderator Groups" to Public Back-end and "Allow Moderators to Edit User Profiles" to CB Moderators and levels above in the CB comfiguration.

2. Now I went to "Field Management" tab and create new field... this time I set the "User Read Only?" YES ... mean only Moderators and above can edit this field.

3. I created 2 sample user. 1 Manager and 1 Administrator.

The problem was: I tried both account to edit the "User Read Only?" in the frontend but I cannot edit since obviously its user read only. To my frustration... I login as Super Administrator to edit that field... but still I cannot edit.

Now how will am I gonna change the settings to make my Manager's and Administrators can edit the "User Read Only?" field and user cannot edit it.

Please help! its been 2 days now trying to figure it out...

Post edited by: baisan, at: 2009/10/23 10:19

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #114954 by nant
baisan wrote:

Hi... I already search the forum and read the documentation but I cannot find the right answer and I really getten frustrated here.

Hmm, you don't appear to be a doc subscriber so I doubt you have read the documentation.

1. I set in the "Moderator Groups" to Public Back-end and "Allow Moderators to Edit User Profiles" to CB Moderators and levels above in the CB comfiguration.

ok

2. Now I went to "Field Management" tab and create new field... this time I set the "User Read Only?" YES ... mean only Moderators and above can edit this field.

Where did you see this? A field that is read only, is read only for all front end users. You should be able to change the field only in backend.

This is the way things are designed to work. Frontend editing for moderators does not mean that they can edit a read only field. This can only me done from backend.

14 years 5 months ago #115079 by baisan
Thanks for the reply.

So it means you can only change their information field from the backend?

I want only the administrator can add new user... then the manager can edit the users information (field that they cannot change e.g nickname, rank etc).

but the thing is... Managers cannot edit their profile from the backend.

Sorry for my ignorance... I thought once you set the backend roles to be CB moderator... they can edit the User Read Only? field and not at the backend.

Is there a way or hack they Managers can edit their profile from the backend?

Thanks a lot!

14 years 5 months ago #115162 by krileon
There's a difference between moderator and administration. What you're wanting to do will require the users to have Administrative privileges. So you'll need to change their usergroup to administrator. I don't know of any alternative.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 8 months ago #139545 by sems
Hi baisan,
I would like to do exactly you want to do. I want to allow moderator to edit user profiles from frontend. Have you found any solution for that? Please help with this.
My direct email is s.beser@nesibeaydin.k12.tr or sbeser@nesibeaydin.k12.tr

13 years 8 months ago #139651 by krileon
Moderators can edit users to an extent by configuring CB to allow profile edits for mods and admins. Admins by default can already. Please see CB configuration followed by Moderation tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn