[SOLVED] problem installing com_comprofiler.zip

14 years 4 months ago #117545 by ckayfish
Replied by ckayfish on topic Re:problem installing com_comprofiler.zip
rahularyan1 wrote:

thanks for great ideas. :)

i have completed the update process but when cb installation appears (please do not interrupt installation process in progress....) then after a sec it goes blank and noting happens after that.:angry:
:( what i do plzzzz tellme:(

What is the update process that completed? What installation methed did you use (joomla offers your 3 options: upload, install from local folder, install from URL). This is nothing we can solve for you without more information, it sounds like an issue with your hosting provider.

Rapunzl did mention the "Help Us Help You" link in her signature. Rather than me/she/somone else asking specific questions, how about following that link in her signature and reporting back.

Post edited by: ckayfish, at: 2009/11/24 06:00

Tips for understanding and solving your issue - Props to Krileon for creating this.
My Opensource CB Plugins: Mutual Connections and MYCB Cookie available here

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 4 months ago #117549 by rahularyan1
Replied by rahularyan1 on topic Re:problem installing com_comprofiler.zip
now its working:cheer: i guess the problem it beacuse of courrept installation file.
B) anyway thanks for help

14 years 4 months ago #118320 by LaughDonor
Replied by LaughDonor on topic Re:problem installing com_comprofiler.zip
Where did you get this installation file? I seem to have tried all the solutions on here.. and I still can't get it working! I downloaded both CB 1.2 and 1.2.1. Could someone point me to a link of a proper com_comprofiler.zip file please?

I have Joomla 1.5.15, and PHP 5.2.10, and I have never installed CB before, but I've been able to install a bunch of other extensions. I've been getting errors "Unable to find install package" and I think I saw one about not finding XML info/file. Really frustrating cause CB looks very promising. It's not that I have other minor components and modules, right?

Anyway, here's all the things I've tried:
  • Enabling/Disabling FTP from Server Global Configuration.
  • Unpacking com_comprofiler.zip into tmp/com_comprofiler directory (not through Joomla) and trying to install from that directory.
  • configuration.php has chmod 666.
  • $tmp_path folder has chmod 777.
  • Trying all possible variations of the pathname (with and without leading and trailing forward slash (/).
  • Every option above with every combination with each other.

I'm stumped.. only other thing I can think of are my FTP server restrictions which state:
  • The maximum size of one file is restricted by net2ftp to 3906.25 kB and by PHP to 2M
  • The maximum execution time is 500 seconds
  • The FTP transfer mode (ASCII or BINARY) will be automatically determined, based on the filename extension
  • If the destination file already exists, it will be overwritten

The .zip file I have says that it's 1910KB, so I don't think it should be an issue.. or is it?... Well I unpacked the .zip on my computer and uploaded it to the server via. FTP with each file put individually, so there shouldn't be a problem.

Ahhh I'm stumped! Help!

Post edited by: LaughDonor, at: 2009/12/04 03:28

14 years 4 months ago #118322 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:problem installing com_comprofiler.zip
Have you tried an expert install? See the accompanying installation docs for details.
:)

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

14 years 4 months ago #118327 by LaughDonor
Replied by LaughDonor on topic Re:problem installing com_comprofiler.zip
Rapunzl wrote:

Have you tried an expert install? See the accompanying installation docs for details.
:)

I don't see anything about an expert install.. only expert upgrade.. unless you're referring to the detailed install.

By the way, My legacy mode is OFF. I don't have any old extensions.

14 years 4 months ago #118330 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:problem installing com_comprofiler.zip
Is the name of your installation file "cb_1_2_1-unzip1st.zip"? Did you unzip the package before installing the individual component, modules? Did you first try to install com_comprofiler.zip?

If you answered yes to all these questions, you can PM me backend access, and I'll see what I can do.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn