Re:registration Form Fields Order

14 years 4 months ago #118475 by yoadmike
[SOLVED] registration Form Fields Order was created by yoadmike
i'm sure it was discussed many times in tis form and i'm sure someone explained ow to do that .

but the search option for this forum is so unfriendly and can't find my arms and legs around this option i don't know where the question starts and where it ends.

so i'm sorry i'm asking for the 100'th time:

i added a date field and wanted it to be in USER STATUS tab and it really is showing there and i want the field to appear in the registration form and it's there but it's the first field i want it to be last (i read something about tabs etc couldn't find anything that can change the order of the registration form)

HOWDO I CHANGE THE NEW FIELD ORDER in the regisration form ..where do i see it ?????????????

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/08/09 18:33

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 4 months ago #118480 by Camee
Replied by Camee on topic Re:registration Form Fields Order
I sent you an answer to your PM, but I write it also here:

Maybe you have to change the registration ordering of the tab. Open the tab "User status" in Tab management and change the number at "Registration ordering". 10 is default. I think the higher the number is, the lower is the place of the tab at registration.

14 years 4 months ago #118487 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:registration Form Fields Order
You're right. A simple search here for 'search ordering' would have given you the answer, so it puzzles me why you didn't. A doc subscription would also give you the same information, available at your fingertips.
;)

Tab and Field ordering is done in Tab and Field Manager. In registration and profile edit, it will show the same ordering as in Profile View.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

14 years 4 months ago #118491 by yoadmike
Replied by yoadmike on topic Re:registration Form Fields Order
but what's the 10 number doing ..each ta i'm entring shows the default 10 ..10 of what
i tried to enter 100 and 1 and nothing !!

i guess i need the tab ordering withing the registration form but as i wrote ..it doesn't work for me .

14 years 4 months ago #118565 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:registration Form Fields Order
The following is the location to the order of the tab on the registration form ONLY. Changing this value and value of other tabs in conjunction will alter the order of the TABS on the registration form (the tabs on registration form are rendered with raw display... no title, etc..).
Tab Management -> Tab -> Registration Order

You then can change the order of the fields on that tab at the following location.
Field Management -> FIELDS

Locate the tab by viewing the Tab column then editing the Re-Ordering of the fields.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 4 months ago #118572 by yoadmike
Replied by yoadmike on topic Re:registration Form Fields Order
Well i did understand that at the beginning ,i guess i'm at the point to say it doesn't work for me .. i have only two "tabs" that will appear in my registration form one is userstatus and one is contact info .
what ever i do it doesn't change order.

and second the reorder within the tabs doesn't work either .. the order shown on the field management and the one on the form is incorrect .

any help please.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn