Where is community builder 1.2.2?

14 years 3 weeks ago #125647 by Josh Lewis
Where is community builder 1.2.2? was created by Josh Lewis
It's March 1st, and according to the front page it was supposed to be released today. Where is it?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 3 weeks ago #125649 by goudurix
Replied by goudurix on topic Re:Where is community builder 1.2.2?
I am interested as well! Please let us know!

14 years 3 weeks ago #125652 by Luff
Replied by Luff on topic Re:Where is community builder 1.2.2?
Besides that i am also highly interested to try out improvements in CB 1.2.2 and very looking forward to its upcoming release (when can we expect this?), I have a couple of questions:

1. Will plugins and templates used in CB 1.2.1 also work in the new CB release (e.g. Profile Book, Mutual Friends, 3rd party plugins)?

2. What other benefits can we expect from upgrading to 1.2.2?

3. Is there an easy "Upgrade process" with overrides function or is it some kind of uninstall/install procedure)?

Thanks for any reply!

14 years 3 weeks ago #125664 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Where is community builder 1.2.2?
CB 1.2.2 RC1 is currently in last phases of testing and should be release as CB 1.2.2 very soon (24-48 hours).

Beat will most likely comment on this but let me outline some of the main characteristics of this release:

+ PHP 5.3+ compatibility
+ Bug fixing (Beat will elaborate)
+ Backend language translation (this is one of the main reasons we have delayed our March 1st pre-announcement + A community member submitted a very clean backend translation that we just had to include)

All plugins remain compatible as long as they use our API of course.

Joomla 1.5 sites can upgrade just by installing over existing components and mosules without losing any parameters (of course if they have made default language changes then they must save their changes and reapply after upgrade).

Post edited by: nant, at: 2010/03/02 12:31

14 years 3 weeks ago #125665 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Where is community builder 1.2.2?
Ok, by now it's March 2nd everywhere on Earth, so we can't blame timezones :D

So, thanks for asking.

We have been working hard to get this out on our announced date.

There is a big feature for the administrator area (more at release time) which made it into CB 1.2.2 last week-end, thanks to a very nice contribution work of very high quality from a Joomlapolitan. This is delaying our planed release by 48 hours.

Our (public) CB tracker shows only around 8 more hours of work needed to release.

To quick answer the 3 good questions above:

1. Yes, the API remains compatible to 1.2.1.

2. Quite a few, PHP 5.3 compatibility being one of the urgent ones, more with release notes.

3. Yes, on Joomla 1.5 the upgrade method is implemented, and on Joomla 1.0 and Mambo the "expert"-files overwrite method allows to avoid uninstallation. README and installation manual has already been prepared.

Thanks for your understanding

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 3 weeks ago #125712 by felixthea
Replied by felixthea on topic Re:Where is community builder 1.2.2?
Are the Facebook and Twitter Connect delayed as well? Will it be available to download at the same time that CB 1.2.2 comes out?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn