[SOLVED] Text falls off the bottom of the page

13 years 11 months ago #130232 by jennyjeffreys
[SOLVED] Text falls off the bottom of the page was created by jennyjeffreys
I am using Community Builder to provide the log in functionality for the Adsmanager classifieds module as I couldn't get the standard joomla login to work correctly with Adsmanager.
However, when it is installed with the Versatility 4 template (Rockettheme), the text runs off the bottom of the page on one of the screens, where you request to have a forgotten username sent to you. So the text doesn't remain within the white page, it runs off the bottom into the background. Does anyone know how to stop this? Our site is due to go live in a few days so I need to resolve the problem urgently. Thanks!

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/04/29 23:56

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #130252 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Text falls off the bottom of the page
jennyjeffreys wrote:

I am using Community Builder to provide the log in functionality for the Adsmanager classifieds module as I couldn't get the standard joomla login to work correctly with Adsmanager.
However, when it is installed with the Versatility 4 template (Rockettheme), the text runs off the bottom of the page on one of the screens, where you request to have a forgotten username sent to you. So the text doesn't remain within the white page, it runs off the bottom into the background. Does anyone know how to stop this? Our site is due to go live in a few days so I need to resolve the problem urgently. Thanks!

I would contact the template provider since you paid for it and the problem is most likely in their code.

13 years 11 months ago #130281 by jennyjeffreys
Replied by jennyjeffreys on topic Re:Text falls off the bottom of the page
The reason I thought it might be to do with Community Builder, rather than the template, is that when you press the button "Forgot Login?", the page shows the line "Reminder needed for" with the two check boxes for Lost Username and Lost Password, AND then flashes up the bottom half of the page with text and further entry boxes which you have to fill in depending on what you cannot remember. BUT this bottom text does not stay on the screen, it disappears after a second. Only when you check either Lost Username or Last Password, does the appropriate text then come back and STAY on the screen - however, it does not remain in the white box generated for text, it falls off the bottom of the page into the background area.

If you have any ideas, I would be really grateful - our site goes live next week with a big press launch, so we will have lots of people testing the site to the limits!

I have posted a question on the Versatility forum as well and am waiting a reply.

Thanks for any help/hints you can provide...

13 years 11 months ago #130320 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Text falls off the bottom of the page
The lost information page is working as intended, but appears your content pane has a static height, which is preventing it from expanding. Thus content will bleed outside of the templates design. The content pane of a template should have a dynamic height (not height specified or is a percentage) as content will then bleed out. Can also result if a float is not cleared. Please contact your template developer to have issue addressed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #131651 by RoGo
Replied by RoGo on topic Re:Text falls off the bottom of the page
Hi Krileon,

I've got something similar going on here www.radiodata.nl/login/lostpassword

The difference is that after you "check" lost password or username the screen will not expand... this occurs only when using IE... I've tested it with Chrome and Firefox which just works fine but nothing happens when using IE...

Do you have any suggestions ?

13 years 10 months ago #131670 by jennyjeffreys
Replied by jennyjeffreys on topic Re:Text falls off the bottom of the page
I got the following suggestion on the Rockettheme forum as I am using the Versatility 4 template:

It helped me solve the problem:

www.rockettheme.com/forum/index.php?f=122&t=96838&sid=8d4ada099bb14f3039064ea28b239759&rb_v=viewtopic&p=493904#p493904

Good luck!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn