Where is my 'make connection' button

13 years 11 months ago #131700 by Hinson
Replied by Hinson on topic Re:Where is my 'make connection' button
Yes to both. connections and connections paths are published and the CB Connections plugin is published. Here is what a typical member page looks like.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #131870 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Where is my 'make connection' button
Connections button is on the CB Menu tab, which you appear to have removed. This menu can also be rendered with Substitutions if you prefer to render it as a field within a Delimiter field you will need the following substitution.

[code:1]
[cb:usertab tab="17" user="#displayedOrMe" /]
[/code:1]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 11 months ago #131872 by Hinson
Thanks Kyle; I didn't remove the CB menu tab on purpose. I'll check and see if the fellow who helped me (read; did most of the work) removed it for some reason.

13 years 10 months ago #134664 by Hinson
Ok, thanks to Kyle's response, I found the problem. It was in the Plugins/CBMenu settings. Menu display type was set to no display.

Now another question: I set the display type to Menu List ul-li-spans. I get four links in the upper left corner. Is it possible to remove the "About Community Builder..." link? This is way more info than my members need and will only serve to confuse them. (most are senior citizens and the fewer unnecessary links the better. I also have duplicate 'send private message' links that I need to remove.

And where does the 'Status Display Type' show up. I see no difference on the profile page regardless of which setting I select.

Post edited by: Hinson, at: 2010/06/03 17:12

Post edited by: Hinson, at: 2010/06/03 17:13

13 years 10 months ago #134728 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Where is my 'make connection' button

Is it possible to remove the "About Community Builder..." link?

Yes, document subscribers as per our license agreement are permitted to remove this. The documentation also explains how to remove this when reviewing the section pertaining to the CB Menu.

I also have duplicate 'send private message' links that I need to remove.

Usually happens if you've installed for example UddeIMs CB plugin but also enabled CBs PMS plugin. Please check via Plugin Management that you aren't using both at the same time.

And where does the 'Status Display Type' show up. I see no difference on the profile page regardless of which setting I select.

This is all the information to the right of the users Avatar on a users profile such as Online Status, Hits, etc...

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #134733 by Hinson
Thank you so much. Let me go check on the last two items and then I'll be back to see about becoming a document subscriber.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.338 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn