Session expired or cookies are not enabled in your

14 years 3 months ago #120791 by jbassil
Hi,

I have reviewed other posts on various forums and reviewed the 'Helped Us Help you' FAQs but still could not resolve my issue. Any help would be really appreciated.

Problem: New Users cannot register on website. All get the same javascript alert dialog which states the session is expired or cookies are not enabled.

Background:

PHP Version: 5.2.11
CB Version: 1.2.1
Joomla: 1.5.10
Detailed Description of problem: In addition to problem description above, you can witness the error on hadethonline.com

Any thoughts on what the issue might be with the latest version of CB ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 3 months ago #120826 by krileon
You've wrapped the Registration page with some other Extension or is part of your template, but at any rate it's likely caching the security codes which is creating this issue. Purge Joomla and browser cache to see if resolved.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 3 months ago #120827 by Rapunzl
It may not have anything to do with the issue, but your Joomla version is old and should be updated, at least for security fixes.

Jamie (Rapunzl)

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

14 years 3 months ago #120832 by beat
Jamie is right.

In addition:

Check your errors-page in your browser....2 javascript errors.

Due to: see /ht/ at begin here: (maybe live_site not empty in joomla 1.5 configuration.php ? ).

[code:1]<script type="text/javascript" src="/ht/components/com_comprofiler/js/overlib_hideform_mini.js"></script>
[/code:1]

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 3 months ago #120842 by jbassil
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I checked the $live_site parameter in my configuration.php and it is empty. I noticed all of the other js includes resolve fine with the exception of com_profiler related js includes.

Do you know how that component determines the site's URL ? (i.e. /ht/...)

I can upgrade the joomla instance later on tonight and see if that helps, but in the meantime, this js issue seems to be of higher relevance. Any thoughts?

14 years 3 months ago #120845 by krileon
jbassil wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I checked the $live_site parameter in my configuration.php and it is empty. I noticed all of the other js includes resolve fine with the exception of com_profiler related js includes.

Do you know how that component determines the site's URL ? (i.e. /ht/...)

I can upgrade the joomla instance later on tonight and see if that helps, but in the meantime, this js issue seems to be of higher relevance. Any thoughts?

Probably due to the wrapping of the registration form. Appears to function fine going to the direct URL of the registration page.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn