search engine indexing profiles

14 years 3 months ago #121617 by jthenri
search engine indexing profiles was created by jthenri
I am building a CB site which will have a few text fields unique to each member. I need to have these fields indexed by search engines and spat out when people do searches on google and yahoo and come find my site.
Can CB do this for me or should I look for another solution?
If yes, Can I get help on what formatting is friendly to search engines and what SEO extensions would be good.
I am a newbie and need answers in simple terms please. Thanks a lot for the great work!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 3 months ago #121675 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:search engine indexing profiles
Not sure how to go about that, but I'd image you could easily add the data to the header of each page so search engines index it. You'd need a custom plugin to do it and CB certainly has API to manipulate the header of a page.

Example (assumes $user object is present and global $_CB_framework established):
[code:1]
$_CB_framework->document->addHeadMetaData( 'description', 'username: ' . $user->name )
[/code:1]

Obviously developing a plugin and utalizing the API is not something for someone new to CB, Joomla, or PHP in general. I do recommend reviewing other plugins available and seeing how they're structured.

We do provide a very simply helloworld plugin in the downloads section to assist in plugin development as well. You can also review tutorials in my signature for information on CB API usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 3 months ago #122098 by jthenri
Replied by jthenri on topic Re:search engine indexing profiles
Thanks Kyle!
I will start working on it and come back for help/feedback.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn