cblogin with IE doesn't seem to remember login

14 years 2 months ago #122373 by khenn
Hi,

I just discovered a problem with my website when running on IE 6 or IE 7. I've searched the forums, but haven't found an answer that is similar.

I'm using Joomla 1.5.15 and CB 1.2.1 with the mod_cblogin enabled.

Problem: I login using the module without checking the Remember Me box, and then try to access a protected article that requires the user to be a registered user. I am then redirected to /index.php?option=com_user&view=login&return=.... which asks me to login again.

If I check the Remember Me checkbox, then everything works properly.

So for now, I have set the cblogin module Remember Me Checkbox settings to "Hide checked" to get around this issue. Any ideas?

By the way, in the Module Parameters, there is a spelling mistake: "Remember-me checkox". Notice the "b" missing from the word "checkox"

Thanks for your help.
Kris

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 months ago #122398 by krileon
Am not able to duplicate your issue; please ensure you've set Joomla registration to NO and in CB configuration set CB registration independent of Joomla. AS well as disabled any Joomla login modules and are using CB login module. Ensure the mandatory CB Joomla menu link is also published and set as public.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 2 months ago #122413 by khenn
Kyle,

I verified my settings:
Joomla Registration is set to NO.
CB Allow Registration is set to "Yes, independently of global site setting."
CB mod_cblogin is enabled.
Joomla mod_login is disabled.
***The Manditory CB Profile link is created and was set to "Registered". I changed it to "Public" but that didn't change anything.

The article that I am trying to get to is using the Chrono Forms plugin to display a form. The form is utilizing [code:1]$cbUser =& CBuser::getInstance( $user->id );[/code:1] so that I can pull several fields from the CB data.

Might this have something to do with it?

14 years 2 months ago #122424 by krileon
It's possible, I recommend a fresh install of just Joomla and CB in a sub-domain or sub-folder to confirm if conflict related, host related, or possible bug. If possible disable your Chrono Forms usage and see if resolved.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 2 months ago #122443 by khenn
I did another test...

I set the Remember Me Checkbox back to Show Unchecked and then logged in without checking the Remember Me box. Then I tried to access a standard article from the News section. I could see the introduction, but when I clicked on the Read More... link, it brought up the login page again. So it doesn't appear to be a Chrono Forms issue.

14 years 2 months ago #122455 by krileon
khenn wrote:

I did another test...

I set the Remember Me Checkbox back to Show Unchecked and then logged in without checking the Remember Me box. Then I tried to access a standard article from the News section. I could see the introduction, but when I clicked on the Read More... link, it brought up the login page again. So it doesn't appear to be a Chrono Forms issue.

You have a conflict or mis-configuration of some sort. Please see help us help you within my signature very carefully and follow the steps closely.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn