profile error with IE8

14 years 1 month ago #124167 by barryflood22
profile error with IE8 was created by barryflood22
some users using IE8 have reported on my site that they are unable to see the edit and connections buttons along the top of the my profile page.

I along with many other users can see it in IE8 - but some can't - could this be a javascript problem with their computers? maybe not have java runtime installed correctly or something?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #124501 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:profile error with IE8
Sounds like simple user error; if you and other users are unable to reproduce on the same browser. They likely have an older version of IE8 then yourself or other users. Could not duplicate locally or live. :(

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #124736 by barryflood22
Replied by barryflood22 on topic Re:profile error with IE8
is there not something can be done to fix this?

it looks like a javascript error

14 years 3 weeks ago #125532 by usernametaken70
Replied by usernametaken70 on topic Re:profile error with IE8
Hi,

I have the same problem. IE7 and FF are fine. IE 8 (latest version/no updates available) does not display the profile, connections links on top of the individual profiles.

I also notice that IE 8 does not display the the images when using Nant's CB Profile Gallery and does not let me log out.

This is all happening on a Joomla 1.5.15 site with CB 1.2.1. The only other plugin being used is a UddeIM tab showing the user's private messages.

When I view an older site of mine built on Joomla 1.0.15/CB 1.1with IE8 I can see and use the profile, connections buttons and use them no problem.

R

14 years 3 weeks ago #126002 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:profile error with IE8
Joomla 1.5.15 and CB 1.2.x use newer JS, which IE tends to rarely or never support very well. It's also possible you've a Fatal JS error which other browsers tend to compensate for where is IE just stops working. Please examine your site with FireFox Error Console (see Tools) for any JS errors. You might also want to enable debug mode in your Joomla configuration with error reporting set to Maximum. Am not able to duplicate locally or live which would signify some sort of conflict; please check your plugins and extensions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 week ago #127474 by Matchoupitchou
Replied by Matchoupitchou on topic Re:profile error with IE8
HI,
I think could reproduce this issue, it seems to appends to my members which are using ie8 with windows7.

Can you reproduce it tourself? I am not expert on developpment, but is it possible that come from java script execution on this platform (OS)?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn