[SOLVED] Kunena and Unnamed User Avatar

14 years 1 month ago #125039 by brentwilliams2
[SOLVED] Kunena and Unnamed User Avatar was created by brentwilliams2
I am having an issue with Kunena, and we can't quite figure out if it is a Kunena issue with CB or an issue with CB itself...

I am using Kunena 1.5.9 and CB 1.2.1

The Problem:
When a guest user makes a post in Kunena, no image shows up. Instead, it comes back with the alt text of "Unnamed User" and is using the class "cbFullPict". So it appears that it is looking to CB, and instead of saying there is no image as a guest, it is giving faulty info.

But I could be completely wrong!

Here is the discussion on Kunena's website: www.kunena.com/forum/134-installation-upgrade-and-migration/40594-guest-avatar-not-showing-up-after-upgrade#40594

Any ideas??

Thanks!

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/12 21:16

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #125140 by krileon
Have you obtained latest release of Simpleboard (forum) plugin from here ? The sidebar is completely configurable and likely a misconfiguration is in place; please select Kunena from the forum drop-down and configure your sidebar as necessary. ;)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #125279 by brentwilliams2
Replied by brentwilliams2 on topic Re:Kunena Integration and Unnamed User Avatar issue
Ok, I'm a little confused. That link you shared had some code shown - am I supposed to use that code or can I find the latest version of the simpleboard plugin somewhere?

(By the way, I just uninstalled an old version of CB and upgraded to 1.2.1 a few days ago. Would that have put the most current version of the simpleboard tab on my system?)

Thanks!

14 years 1 month ago #126009 by krileon
Please read the thread, the file is provided numerous times throughout it. There are multiple pages.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #126013 by brentwilliams2
Replied by brentwilliams2 on topic Re:Kunena Integration and Unnamed User Avatar issue
Actually, it turned out it was a Kunena issue after all. I appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Brent

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.479 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn