Ability to Go to Forum from Forum Tab

12 years 8 months ago #172133 by premierepc
Ability to Go to Forum from Forum Tab was created by premierepc
Currently when looking at group with correct forum integration the side panel shows Group Forum which takes you to the forum.

How would we add that same link to the Forum tab for quicker navigation?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #172268 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Ability to Go to Forum from Forum Tab
You can't, Kunena has no API for me to add a return link. With release of Kunena 2.0 however the forums will be rendered directly inside of GJ and user won't need to leave the page.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #172376 by premierepc
Replied by premierepc on topic Re: Ability to Go to Forum from Forum Tab
I think you mis-understood.

I just want to add the link TO the forum like already exists in the pane to the left. Just a text link that says, go to this groups forum. I just dont see what or where to add the code.

12 years 8 months ago #172414 by krileon
I see, you'll need to provide a template for the forum integration or edit the forum integration directly then add the link to the display function. Alternatively clicking the title of any post will take you directly to the forums.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #172415 by premierepc
Replied by premierepc on topic Re: Ability to Go to Forum from Forum Tab
Not sure if you are trying to be vague on purpose, can you tell me the line of code I need to add?

All I see in the panel menu us a line that says $aftermenu. Removing that removes the forum link. Adding that to the forum integration tab does not add the link.

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #172446 by krileon
You need to edit cbgroupjiveforums.php, which is the forum plugins main file. From there you'll find a function called "showForum" this handles the display of the forum tab. There you can edit it to display however you like. GJ 2.5 will have a cleaner template system and have template files already present in GJs template folder for editing displays. The menu link is created by the function "getMenu" in the above file.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: premierepc

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn