[SOLVED] Groups in Kunena

11 years 4 months ago #216841 by ln888
Replied by ln888 on topic Re: Groups in Kunena
FOLLOW-UP....

OK... um, I RESAVED all my GJ categories and groups within the categories, and now all the forum categories have shown up... but IF i go into Kunena's Category manager... the viewing access still shows as plg_kunena_comprofiler_no_groups_found,,, though the whole thing WORKS...

I actually overrode most categories as I DO want other members of the site to be able to see the forum discussion in spite of NOT being a member of the group... but that's just MY preference.

So.. you guys need to work a bit more with Kunena and their code to help get the groups' ID reflected properly in the access level through Kunena category manager.

SO... I am NOT REALLY having an issuer per se... I have it working and I understand the glitch... just more than not, wanting to bring it to your attention. (kinda along your glitch you guys still have with ALL CB menu items showing up as "Logout Action"...)
derp

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 4 months ago #216848 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Groups in Kunena

the viewing access still shows as plg_kunena_comprofiler_no_groups_found,,, though the whole thing WORKS...

This is fine, GJ sets a custom access in Kunena and grants forum access through API.

I actually overrode most categories as I DO want other members of the site to be able to see the forum discussion in spite of NOT being a member of the group... but that's just MY preference.

Careful in doing so as when you save a group your settings will be replaced.

So.. you guys need to work a bit more with Kunena and their code to help get the groups' ID reflected properly in the access level through Kunena category manager.

It's not supposed to. The access is set to "communitybuilder" as it should be and as communicated to me by Kunena team.

(kinda along your glitch you guys still have with ALL CB menu items showing up as "Logout Action"...)

That's a glitch that Joomla caused by making "task" obsolete. To upgrade CB to use "view" would require rewriting our entire router usage and several plugins would simply break, which is out of the question. This will change with CB 2.0 however.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 4 months ago #216854 by ln888
Replied by ln888 on topic Re: Groups in Kunena

the viewing access still shows as plg_kunena_comprofiler_no_groups_found,,, though the whole thing WORKS...

This is fine, GJ sets a custom access in Kunena and grants forum access through API.

Fantastic. There should be something written up about that in your manual.... oh! wait a minute... DO you have a manual for GroupJive?

Careful in doing so as when you save a group your settings will be replaced.

Good to know! thnx for the heads up!!! :)

It's not supposed to. The access is set to "communitybuilder" as it should be and as communicated to me by Kunena team.

sure... just that it's not really reflecting the group ID or anything. it's just showing the generic override no matter WHAT group it's assigned to... just wanted to let you know. Would you like screen shots? Like I said, I am doing fine with it, and the integration with Kunena is working as it should (KUDOS!) but kunena's code isn't picking up your group id's properly etc for simpler reference...

(kinda along your glitch you guys still have with ALL CB menu items showing up as "Logout Action"...)

That's a glitch that Joomla caused by making "task" obsolete. To upgrade CB to use "view" would require rewriting our entire router usage and several plugins would simply break, which is out of the question. This will change with CB 2.0 however.

OOOOOOOOoooooooooo, cannot WAIT for the CB release! Keep up the good work!!!!

B)

11 years 4 months ago #216861 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Groups in Kunena

Fantastic. There should be something written up about that in your manual....

It's completely irrelevant. The configuration is already documented (we've a tutorial) anything beyond the configuration has no usage for administrators or endusers. You can find the tutorial at the below link.

www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/117-integrations/18325-private-group-forums-with-groupjive-and-kunena

oh! wait a minute... DO you have a manual for GroupJive?

No, we've only an installation guide and a few tutorials for GJ.

sure... just that it's not really reflecting the group ID or anything. it's just showing the generic override no matter WHAT group it's assigned to... just wanted to let you know. Would you like screen shots? Like I said, I am doing fine with it, and the integration with Kunena is working as it should (KUDOS!) but kunena's code isn't picking up your group id's properly etc for simpler reference...

That's working as intended. It's not supposed to show a group id or anything of the sort as I don't have that usage implemented, nor is it needed aside from making me change how the integration works so I did not see a reason to implement it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.374 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn