GJ Group Profile Tab - Search Function issue

11 years 5 months ago #213155 by gjschaller
On the Group Profile tab that lists all available / visible groups, one of my users noted that when you do a search, and then refresh the page or click on a link to the Group Profile tab again, the search / filter is still applied - it needs to be manually cleared for hidden groups to re-appear.

This may be confusing, as there is no indication this is needed - maybe a "Clear" button next to the search field is in order?

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
www.knightrealms.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 5 months ago #213218 by krileon
This is always how searching works. It allows it to persist through page loads. Without doing so it'd prevent pagination from working when searching, etc.. I've no plans to add a clear button; UX wise that's bad design and even more confusing for users. You're welcome to edit the template and add a clear button though (reset button or use JS in onclick of a new button).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.455 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn