Auto assign to a group on registration?

11 years 5 months ago #213314 by YeeP
I am have a drop down list with multiple selections in the registration. The plan is to create groups that have the same name as the selections in this list. It would be great if I could set up the registration process to auto-assign the user to the correlating group.

Is that possible?

The hope is that I can have the Activity module placed on the Home page, and the user will see activity based on their group only.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 5 months ago #213321 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Auto assign to a group on registration?
Yes, see the GJ Auto Integration. Once installed navigate to GJ > Autos then setup a auto join for the after registration trigger. This shouldn't be necessary though as you should be able to simply pre-create the groups and create a Auto Jion field from CB > Field Management and it'll do all this automatically for you (GJ Auto Integration is needed for this field).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 5 months ago #213679 by YeeP

krileon wrote: This shouldn't be necessary though as you should be able to simply pre-create the groups and create a Auto Jion field from CB > Field Management and it'll do all this automatically for you (GJ Auto Integration is needed for this field).

This is slightly confusing for me. I do have the ability to create an Auto Join group inside of the field management system. I do have GJ installed. What do I need to check to make sure I have GJ Auto Integration?

Thanks.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn