Migrating GroupJive from J1.5 to 2.5 and upgrading to GroupJive 2.6.1

11 years 4 months ago #216564 by johntennock
We manage all our GroupJive memberships through the backend.
There seems to be a significant difference in how this works in GroupJive 2.6.1 and I just want to check of that is 'as designed' or has something gone wrong in the migration from J1.5 to 2.5 and upgrading to GroupJive 2.6.1.

In the previous version of GJ the process for adding members to different groups was:
  1. Select 'Members Manager' (shows a list of all members with sub-list of group memberships for each record).
  2. Select the member(s) in question from the list
  3. Click 'Add Members to a Group' icon
  4. Select new group(s) from a list (multi-select)
  5. Click 'Add Members Now' icon

This as all very straightforward and logical.

In GroupJive 2.6.1 I am experiencing:
  1. 'Users' shows a list of all group membership records listed individually.
  2. No option for 'Add Members to a Group' as previously
  3. If I click 'New' I get a record which shows my (admin) users id. It appears that if I want to add a user to a group I must 'know' their user id and add them one at a time.

This seems a retrograde design step and I am assuming something has gone wrong in the migration.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Everything seems to behave as expected in the front end.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 4 months ago #216641 by krileon
What you described is GJ 1.x workflows. It is no where close to GJ 2.x. GJ 2.x releases do not have a mass-add feature. You need to click "New" and add users 1 by 1 (supply their user id, which you can find in user management). Import/export features are planned for a later release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #216666 by johntennock
OK, thanks. Just to clarify....
I did the migration by exporting the GJ database tables from the J1.5 site and importing to the J2.5 site, installing GJ, then choosing the 'migrate' option.

The migrated historical data looks OK. Can I reasonably assume it to be so?

You need to click "New" and add users 1 by 1

So this applies to adding new users, and to adding existing users to new groups, correct? Nothing to do with migrating the old records?

By the way, the new GJ template is pretty hard to live with. Are more template options on the way?

11 years 4 months ago #216751 by krileon

Can I reasonably assume it to be so?

Yes.

So this applies to adding new users, and to adding existing users to new groups, correct? Nothing to do with migrating the old records?

Correct.

By the way, the new GJ template is pretty hard to live with. Are more template options on the way?

Shocking to hear, what's wrong with the template? The new GJ 2.6 bootstrap template with responsive design has been given many praise. At any rate, no there isn't any more templates in development; you can make your own or edit existing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn