Reply to a reply

11 years 3 months ago #219018 by proserven
Reply to a reply was created by proserven
I wonder if there are a way to reply to a reply , in the wall.. the wall just let to reply only one level and that's it.. any help?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 3 months ago #219020 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Reply to a reply
Nope, not implemented. It does not have unlimited depth reply as design wise it'd look absolutely awful without full page display.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 3 months ago #219021 by proserven
Replied by proserven on topic Re: Reply to a reply
Ok, but that is not funtional, somebody reply to you and you can not answer? should have some way to keep the conversation that is more important that "looks"...

11 years 3 months ago #219022 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Reply to a reply
You can reply to a reply. If I allowed reply to reply of reply then I'd need to allow reply to reply of reply of reply.. it'd go on infinitely. It's just not practical design or functionality wise in this usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 3 months ago #219023 by proserven
Replied by proserven on topic Re: Reply to a reply
But what about the conversation? you post something and somebody made a comment and that's it? I think this is very obtuse way to create a program, especially when is design to "simulate" Facebook... not even close... I guess I have to start to look for an alternative to CB...

Thanks

11 years 3 months ago #219071 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Reply to a reply

proserven wrote: But what about the conversation? you post something and somebody made a comment and that's it? I think this is very obtuse way to create a program, especially when is design to "simulate" Facebook... not even close... I guess I have to start to look for an alternative to CB...

Thanks

My thoughts ....

Maybe conversation is best to be done on forum?

Maybe a new feature can be added to quote specific message replying to? This way it will be visually included without creating an infinite tree.

Please note that CB is not designed to copy or replace facebook - this has never been stated nor is this our goal.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn