Groupjive wall post : prohibit redudancy of post

11 years 2 months ago #219352 by nikomed
Hi!

i dont now why but when users post something in the groupjive wall they do it 2 or more times!

maybe they click 2 times in the post button because it's not display immediatly (they are use to facebook who have a small dynamic icon who display

i think it will be very interessant to disable this (because of notification to ..)

maybe there is 2 way to do that :

- have a delay betweeen 2 post like "user have to wait X seconds to post again". its usefull to prohibit spam to.
- or have a system who check if 2 post in "this time delay" are similar. or something to not send 2 times if clicks on post button are more than one time

have someone the same issue? could you do that for next release ?

thx!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago #219395 by krileon
It's because they're clicking the button multiple times. This is fixed in just now released 2.7.0rc1 where the button and form is disabled on first submit making it impossible to submit multiple times (button also changes to "Loading..." on submit).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nikomed

11 years 2 months ago #219418 by nikomed
Thx!

think is really usefull! but don't see any button in this version. is there something to configure in groupjive config?

11 years 2 months ago #219491 by krileon
Don't understand the issue, the button should always be there. Simply navigate to a group you belong to and click the new post button and supply your post. You probably need to refresh a few times for the new CSS to take place, but button rendering is exactly the same as it was in 2.6.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 2 months ago #219499 by nikomed
I refreshed a lot of time, clear cache and still the same !

the answer button don't work to!

i send you admin data if you want to have a look (for your developement)

thx

11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #219500 by krileon
Please provide a screenshot of the Wall tab and its missing button. Please navigate to group edit and check the wall post permission to ensure the user you're attempting to test with can even post. CB moderator, category owner, and group owner are exempt from this parameter of course and can always post.

Please do not PM credentials that were not asked for. We do not do install review at users request, but only when we feel the debug process has been exhausted. Support does not include direct contact; that is a paid service unless we determine the issue to be a bug.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: nikomed

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn