reply to wall post is wonky

11 years 1 month ago #222469 by mothersofboys
reply to wall post is wonky was created by mothersofboys
In my site user testing, a site user indicated that the "reply" button to wall posts was not working...

it works - it's just not noticeable and is wonky

when click on the "reply" button - the editor window that is ABOVE the post you are replying to is actually the "reply" window. The only indication that this is now your 'reply window' is that the button that normally says "cancel" -- now says "cancel reply"

This is wonky design in that a novice or even intermediate user won't notice this. It does not flow well.

It seems that when a user clicks on the WALL tab, the 'text editor' window is already open so what makes a user think that this is now going to become thier 'reply window' ?

Is there any way to adjust this or make a better "call out" as to what is going on here?

GroupJive ver 2.7.0
CB version 1.9
Joomla version 2.5.8

thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 1 month ago #222499 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic reply to wall post is wonky
It changes the button, auto expands the form, and moves your screen straight to it. It seams ok to me, but it's going to be redesigned in the future to use jQuery popup modal windows. For now if you want to adjust it you'll need to edit the Wall integration or create a template override file to replace its frontend output entirely.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 1 month ago #222509 by mothersofboys
Replied by mothersofboys on topic reply to wall post is wonky
Hi

In my case - when I go to a group I belong to and go to Wall, the edit window is already open. So there is no "auto expands the form" .

The only button that changes when I click the "reply" button of the post I am replying to is the "cancel reply". That "subtle" change of "cancel reply" doesn't seen like enough to really indicate *anything* to a novice user.

Is there a release date for the "redesigned in the future to use jQuery popup modal windows" ?

Thanks for the clarification about modifications...

LrG

11 years 1 month ago #222626 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic reply to wall post is wonky

Is there a release date for the "redesigned in the future to use jQuery popup modal windows" ?

No, we do not provide release dates. GJ is completely open source. It is also template based. So you are free to edit it as needed to fit your needs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.535 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn