Remove GJ "Join" button

11 years 1 month ago #222490 by endoc
Remove GJ "Join" button was created by endoc
Sorry to post what is probably a basic question. After searching the forums, I have been unable to find a solution.

My CB site is for a professional organization. I recently installed GroupJive to help manage various committees. What a great add-on!

My question is: How can I remove the "Join" button from the group list?

I have 10 or so groups that are for 'member' viewing, but should be closed to anyone joining them unless invited by a moderator. I do not want general members of the organization to have the option to join unless specifically requested to do so.

How can I make this work?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 1 month ago #222500 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Remove GJ "Join" button
Edit the group and set it as Invite type and users will only be able to join if they're invited to join. Note they won't see it either unless they're invited.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 1 month ago #222528 by endoc
Replied by endoc on topic Remove GJ "Join" button
That's what I observed. I would like to have the groups visible, but not have the join button present.

Not possible?

11 years 1 month ago #222628 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Remove GJ "Join" button
Nope, not possible out of the box; you can certainly edit it and remove the join button though. Defeats the purpose of the plugin. So it has no such feature.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn