GroupJive 1.8 Installation

9 years 3 months ago #132385 by backroom
Hey there, I just had a question about the installation. I downloaded the extension, unzipped it and proceeded to install it. The component installation went fine, but when I went to install the plug in, I got an error saying that a "setup XML" could not be found. Any ideas?
9 years 3 months ago #132386 by krileon
backroom wrote:

Hey there, I just had a question about the installation. I downloaded the extension, unzipped it and proceeded to install it. The component installation went fine, but when I went to install the plug in, I got an error saying that a "setup XML" could not be found. Any ideas?

Please ensure you're installing the plugin via CB Plugin Management as its a CB plugin and not a Joomla extension. ;)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Templates - CBSubs - Hosting - Forge - Incubator - GroupJive
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM EST to 4:00 PM EST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
9 years 3 months ago #132416 by backroom
That was the problem. Thanks for the info as well as the work you guys put in to both development and support!! I do have one more question though. Is there a setting in the config that will make the display of this component follow the formatting and styling of my site as CB does?

Post edited by: backroom, at: 2010/05/06 19:57
9 years 3 months ago #132425 by krileon
backroom wrote:

That was the problem. Thanks for the info as well as the work you guys put in to both development and support!! I do have one more question though. Is there a setting in the config that will make the display of this component follow the formatting and styling of my site as CB does?

Post edited by: backroom, at: 2010/05/06 19:57

No, unfortionately there is not. GJ 1.8 has a set style via its templates and for the most part does not assume CSS from Joomla or CB.

Wherein the rewritten GJ 2.0 will assume "some" CSS from Joomla and/or CB template CSS files it too has its own template system (although there are multiple color schemes available for 2.0).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Templates - CBSubs - Hosting - Forge - Incubator - GroupJive
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM EST to 4:00 PM EST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
9 years 3 months ago #132430 by backroom
Then I guess I will be waiting for 2.0 with baited breath...LOL. The color scheme just conflicts way to drastically to use at this time. Thank you for all your help.
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.397 seconds
Facebook Twitter Google LinkedIn