some more feature requests

14 years 7 months ago #106671 by asgard
some more feature requests was created by asgard
(1) This is probably already on the list, but at present it appears there's no way to show the category description in the template

(2) I'd like to add further "rules" to groups, such as limiting group size

(3) Nested categories would be superb. 2 levels isn't enough for the large numbers of groups we're expecting

(4) I second the request for comments on bulletins

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 7 months ago #106825 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:some more feature requests
  1. {GJ_CATDESCRIPTION} added to B4, can be added to your template if you so choose
  2. This implementation is not planned
  3. No further category depth has been discussed
  4. This is being discussed, but I believe it's a necessity

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 7 months ago #107602 by Netto
Replied by Netto on topic Re:some more feature requests
another suggestion:

You can decide by creating a bulletin if groupmembers recieve a PM when the new bulletin message is posted.

Reason: some bulletings may be more important than some other.

May be it is an idea that moderators has to confirm a bulletin with PM.

And: what about attech files with the bulletin?

my site: www.kulturbuero-goettingen.de
Using Eventlis, Stalytics2, Vemod Newsmailer
Joomla 1.5 with:
CommunityBuilder with CB Activity, CbMailing, GroupJive, CBSubs
Kunena Forum, Remsitory, Shoutbox, UddeIM, JEvents,

14 years 7 months ago #109062 by Cosworth
Replied by Cosworth on topic Re:some more feature requests
I'm really excited about the Groupjive component. On the short term I'm only missing:

- Show forum category in the group page as the GJ forum extended plugin did.

- a groupjive module listing group activity for groups you are a member of

Is there an official roadmap somewhere for the GJ component?

14 years 7 months ago #109063 by Netto
Replied by Netto on topic Re:some more feature requests
I'm very interested on a roadmap, too. There is another new product, SuperGroup. There are some features I'm missing at GroupJive:

- Gallery
- News
- Wall
- Events
- integrated forum

Is there any chance to hear what is planned with GroupJive? I prefer to use GroupJive, but I would like to know how long I have to wait for some things.

my site: www.kulturbuero-goettingen.de
Using Eventlis, Stalytics2, Vemod Newsmailer
Joomla 1.5 with:
CommunityBuilder with CB Activity, CbMailing, GroupJive, CBSubs
Kunena Forum, Remsitory, Shoutbox, UddeIM, JEvents,

14 years 7 months ago #109073 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:some more feature requests
I don't have a release date, sorry. Folks, you need to stop pushing for dates. I can give you a date if you like, but there is approx. 99% chance it can't be kept. Development can't have a date as it's floating. A bug could appear and delay the whole project a day, who knows.

I'm working on the rewrite which will have triggers in the same manner CB has triggers, this means you can develop ANY integration plugin you want. Want a wall? That's great, all need be is develop a plugin to create a wall integration. The new GroupJive is planned to be as expansive as CB is when using CB Plugins and triggers.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn