Kunena Integration in beta 4

14 years 8 months ago #108461 by ckayfish
Kunena Integration in beta 4 was created by ckayfish
I upgraded Kunena to 1.5.5 and GJ to beta4. In Kunena I created a new top level forum to use for groups, and in GJ I enabled Forum Integration and entered the ID of the new top level forum I created for this purpose.

Considereing existing groups may not have forums created automatically, I created a new group and a see in Kunena that a new sub-category was created.

Edit: I also see Krileons Issue post on the forge about existing groups, so this issue is off the table for this post.

Questions:

1) What permissions and published status should be used for the Kunena Top Level forum used for groups
2) When you are viewing a Group Acticities, how do you go to the group forum?
3) Is there any configuration we make in Kunena to tell it that GroupJive is bing integrated?

Post edited by: ckayfish, at: 2009/08/19 01:52

Tips for understanding and solving your issue - Props to Krileon for creating this.
My Opensource CB Plugins: Mutual Connections and MYCB Cookie available here

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #108466 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Kunena Integration in beta 4
  1. Viewable to administrators only, or unpublished for top level category should do.
  2. In the same menu that provides link to group bulletins, group members, there is group forum.
  3. Nope, no need to make any changes to Kunena. Just have latest Joomla 1.5.x version of Kunena.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 8 months ago #108483 by ckayfish
Replied by ckayfish on topic Re:Kunena Integration in beta 4
I do have the latest Kunena (1.5.5 released 2009-08-15) for J1.5. As mentioned, when I create a group the forum is being created in the specified parent, but I do not have a link to forum along with

* Group Members
* Group Bulletins
* Return to Group

I checked very page for the group.

I don't want to report this as a bug yet, but do look forward to hearing about how this is working for others.

... and of course, thanks to Krileon and the team for putting your efforts into this. I/we appreciate all the work that has went into bringing GJ this far.

Tips for understanding and solving your issue - Props to Krileon for creating this.
My Opensource CB Plugins: Mutual Connections and MYCB Cookie available here

14 years 8 months ago #108509 by ralfakerkhoff
Replied by ralfakerkhoff on topic Re:Kunena Integration in beta 4
Hi,

I can confirm this - no GroupForum Link appears.

14 years 8 months ago #108516 by quixtor
Replied by quixtor on topic Re:Kunena Integration in beta 4
I also don't see a group forum link but don't see new group forums being created in Kunena either.

I've tried following the same process of upgrading Kunena to 1.5.5 and GJ to beta4. In Kunena I created a new top level forum to use for groups (groupjive), and in GJ I enabled Forum Integration and entered the ID of the new top level forum I created for this purpose.

What's the detailed recommended install sequence for Kunena and GJ to function together?

Andrew

14 years 8 months ago #108529 by ralfakerkhoff
Replied by ralfakerkhoff on topic Re:Kunena Integration in beta 4
Hi,

the group forums are only created in Kunena when I create a group from the front end.

If a new group is created in the backend, no forum will be created.

On the other side, creation of a new group from the frontend is impossible when there is only a empty category.
If I have only one empty category, I get an error message in the frontend "no categories..." .
The only way to get rid of this error is to create a group in the backend - which then has no corresponding forum...

Cheers
Ralf

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn