Groupjive vs SuperGroups

14 years 5 months ago #114291 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Groupjive vs SuperGroups
Let also keep in mind folks at this time I am just STABILIZING the currently existing groupjive. There will be absolutely NO new integrations for the current GJ, what it has now is all it's going to have.

I am rewriting the entire component, from the ground up. At the same time it's also going to migrate your existing gj installations. So as you can see it's a daunting task. In addition to this I am writing CB API throughout the entire component (yes this means CB will always be required to be installed, sorry). What this also means is you could write a CB plugin that adds additional features to GJ. The possibilities are limitless.

B5 will be marking a great milestone as I have squashed all known bugs (if you have any issues not on the tracker, add them now or they won't make it to B5).

I know it's taking awhile to push GJ forward, but there are many tasks on the table; not just GJ. I'm working as quickly as I can to complete this.

I do believe B5 will be production ready. While not exactly very efficient (old code and bulky template system), it should be completely bug free enough to use on production sites.

If you want to see what's going into B5 then just check the tracker .

If you have any questions then feel free to ask away. B)

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/10/16 18:57

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn