Template alteration

13 years 11 months ago #132230 by dmoorefus
Template alteration was created by dmoorefus
I'm trying to alter how the main GroupJive group page looks - showgroup.tmpl.

Through some CSS alteration, I've done a few things I've wanted to do like hide the new members column, hide some of the group description/administration info, etc.

However, on the main landing page, I'd like for it to display the most recent bulletin displayed in full (like it normally does), but then have the next 3-4 most recent bulletins displayed below that like on the 'Bulletin Archive' page.

Any suggestions on how to do that?

The 'showgroup.tmpl' page seems to stop at the 'manager's functions' DIV block. Anything pasted below that ends up being ABOVE the next content.

Does the action of inserting the other template content occur within the core GroupJive files, and is thus uneditable by us?

Thanks!

Post edited by: dmoorefus, at: 2010/05/04 23:02

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #132415 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Template alteration
Recent Bulletins is handled internally and can not be altered in such a way easily via template. Template simply renders it. You would need to edit the core code to achieve what you're wanting.

We don't support core edits, but can point you in the right direction. You'll need to edit the function latestbul within components/com_groupjive/groupjive_func.php.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds