Group Creation based on ACL

13 years 11 months ago #132538 by Polarwolf
Group Creation based on ACL was created by Polarwolf
I just installed GroupJive 1.8, everything is going great until I realize you can limit who can create groups unless you approve each one.

Since I run a subscription based website, I would like only members of joomla's Special group to be able to create groups in GroupJive. Regular registered members can then join these groups (unless the group's creator makes it an invite only group).

In addition, I want to limit the amount of groups a member of that Special joomla group can create. Will GroupJive 2.0 have features like this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #132678 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Group Creation based on ACL

In addition, I want to limit the amount of groups a member of that Special joomla group can create. Will GroupJive 2.0 have features like this?

Yes, GJ 2.0 is ACL based and allows disabling of group creation on a category by category basis or not allow group/category creation at all (admins and moderators are not limited by such parameters).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 7 months ago #141300 by j37h3r
Replied by j37h3r on topic Re:Group Creation based on ACL
What is the timeline for GJ 2.0? The feature for tying into ACL is vital...

13 years 7 months ago #141400 by krileon
j37h3r wrote:

What is the timeline for GJ 2.0? The feature for tying into ACL is vital...

When it's done? ACL is already implemented. Groups and/or Category access is based off ACL (Registered, Author, etc...). Uses CB API so J1.6 ACL is supported as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 7 months ago #141515 by j37h3r
Replied by j37h3r on topic Re:Group Creation based on ACL
Aye, I guess however I cant apply that to groups. The category hierarchy has no use for us. Plus I only have the ability to assign to Public, Registered and Special, and my custom ACLs do not come through.

13 years 7 months ago #141610 by krileon
Categories is not removable. Actual ACL levels are used such as Registered, Author, Administrator etc.. instead of Public and Special. Guess GJ 1.8 or 2.0 won't be of much use to your needs then, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn