Group Forums not appearing?

14 years 7 months ago #110525 by robbyyy
Replied by robbyyy on topic Re:Group Forums not appearing?
Hi,

I installed plug_cbgroupjive_1_8_b4.zip plugin. Still Group forum link is not appearing. Could you please suggest us the solution?

Thanks,
Robby

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 7 months ago #110548 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Group Forums not appearing?
robbyyy wrote:

Hi,

I installed plug_cbgroupjive_1_8_b4.zip plugin. Still Group forum link is not appearing. Could you please suggest us the solution?

Thanks,
Robby

Do you have Kunena 1.5.5? This is the only version of Kunena that has the necessary API.

Did you create a parent category then specify that category in GroupJive? Did you turn on forum integration? Did you publish the CB GroupJive plugin? Did you THEN try to create a group and check if forum was generated for the group?

This is beta folks, help us help you, we need help finding and stabilizing bugs, check error logs, check everything. We need information to move forward.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 7 months ago #111215 by dmoorefus
Replied by dmoorefus on topic Re:Group Forums not appearing?
I followed all these steps with the specified configuration and the forum link still doesn't show up on the group page.

Any other troubleshooting or data I could provide to help solve this issue?

Thanks!

14 years 7 months ago #111217 by hjames
Replied by hjames on topic Re:Group Forums not appearing?
You ran the SQL Quirie in phpmyadmin?

Did you go into Kunena, create a NEW forum called Groupjive "Needs to be a first level category"?

Did you then publish it, visit it on the frontend and gather the ID= in the URL for that category?

Did you then place that ID in groupjive for kunena integration tab?

Did you tell integration to be turned on?

Did you THEN.... after all steps above try creating a new group in Groupjive?

14 years 7 months ago #111370 by dmoorefus
Replied by dmoorefus on topic Re:Group Forums not appearing?

hjames wrote:
You ran the SQL Quirie in phpmyadmin?

You mean the one posted here? Yes, if so.
forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/show/1231

hjames wrote:
Did you go into Kunena, create a NEW forum called Groupjive "Needs to be a first level category"?

When you say 'create a new forum', you mean category, right? If so, then yes. You can't have more than one instance of Kunena on a Joomla site at once, can you?

hjames wrote:
Did you then publish it, visit it on the frontend and gather the ID= in the URL for that category?

Did you then place that ID in groupjive for kunena integration tab?

Did you tell integration to be turned on?

Did you THEN.... after all steps above try creating a new group in Groupjive?

Yes, I did all the remainder of that.

Any other suggestions or troubleshooting I could do?

Thanks!

Post edited by: dmoorefus, at: 2009/09/16 21:17

14 years 7 months ago #111371 by hjames
Replied by hjames on topic Re:Group Forums not appearing?
I can take a look at it if you like, if you email or PM me the admin cridentials this should be sufficient.

Thanks,
James

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn