I really like cooness

14 years 7 months ago #109330 by mediaguru
I really like cooness was created by mediaguru
Part of the fun I have in Joomla and other CMS's is making my own templates so I don't buy others. I may change my mind though.

The MyCommunity template didn't really tickle me but the Coolness template is COOL!

Well done. How about CSS dropdown menus?

CB/Joomla golf site: www.thegolfspace.com
Geek/joomla site: www.tkserver.com

Check out my Joomla/CB projects:

* LIKE thumbs up system for "liking" content items
* Karma - CB user rating system
* Golf Score Tracker
* Jitter - status update system. "What's on your mind?"
* CB Author Plug - Shows CB author link and avatar in content items. J1.5 compatible and very customizable!

Found on my web site or in the Joomlapolis Directory !

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 7 months ago #109388 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:I really like cooness
mediaguru wrote:

Part of the fun I have in Joomla and other CMS's is making my own templates so I don't buy others. I may change my mind though.

The MyCommunity template didn't really tickle me but the Coolness template is COOL!

Well done. How about CSS dropdown menus?

The template itself doesn't have a CSS dropdown menu, as such menus exist as modules already: ;) A google search pointed me to this one (didn't try), but there are quite a few "suckerfish" and "son of suckerfish" type CSS modules for joomla.

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/structure-a-navigation/menu-systems/drop-a-tab-menus/6731

The idea behind Coolness is that the template is super-efficient and super-unbloated, while providing fine rounded corners and soft gradations putting content at the center, in a broad range of browsers and Joomla versions (IE 6+ and joomla 1.0 + 1.5 supported!).

Needless to say that we also learned lots in that process, and that it will flow back in CB too :)

But I will keep the idea of an optional integrated ultra-light-weight drop-down menu for next templates and revisions of existing ones.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 6 months ago #110051 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:I really like cooness
I had this down pat with the MyCommunity template using the SuperFish Menu , but I'm having the same problem as I'd had then: My dropdowns in the top horizontal menu are hiding behind the content area. Kyle helped me before, advising me to remove
[code:1]overflow:hidden;[/code:1]
from the #left in the CSS. Well, there is no #left, and so far, I haven't had any luck finding the right thing to remove or add. Sometimes it's the z-index needing to be set higher.

For now, I've just switched to a one-level non-drop horizontal with the child levels only showing in the left module vertical menus. Even that has a problem, because there's a weird spacing issue when clicking on any of the top menu items.

Post edited by: Rapunzl, at: 2009/09/03 05:20

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

14 years 6 months ago #112107 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:I really like cooness
Able to provide a a live site for me to examine the CSS of? Would allow me to help resolve your issue. B)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 3 weeks ago #125753 by jakobe75
yes I have the same issue

superfish appears behind everything.

My site absolutely 100% requires dropdown menus.
So I have to hunt for another module.
and there are a freeking ton of menu modules.

which is just going to slow the coolness template down...which is defeating the point of using coolness

this must have something to do wiht coolness and zindexing.. but Ihave no idea how to adjust this.

c'mon developers,
Its 2010 , Dropdowns should be standard.

(and it is a native function to have submenu itmes in joomla btw)

You dont have to make them all suckerfish fancy, but dont leave them out completely. You are only saving like 5kb and a trillisecond on load time.

dont be so stingy with the kb!

Post edited by: jakobe75, at: 2010/03/03 01:25

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn