What is the difference...

14 years 6 months ago #109668 by renejdm
What is the difference... was created by renejdm
What is the difference between the Coolness template and the Coolness plugin?

My main Joomla website has a theme that is similar to Coolness. Can I leave my main website alone and just apply the Coolness plugin for the Community Builder part of my website?

Thanks in advance. I am new to Joomla/Lamp/Community Builder.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #109692 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:What is the difference...
renejdm wrote:

What is the difference between the Coolness template and the Coolness plugin?

My main Joomla website has a theme that is similar to Coolness. Can I leave my main website alone and just apply the Coolness plugin for the Community Builder part of my website?

Thanks in advance. I am new to Joomla/Lamp/Community Builder.

The CB template plugin formats CB component-specific parts.

The Joomla template plugin formats the Joomla site.

In this Coolness case, the CB template plugin relies on the Joomla template Coolness, specifically for the colors as those are params from the Joomla template.

You can use the Joomla template without CB template plugin, but using the CB template without the Joomla one will lead to insatisfactory results, unless you add the corresponding generated CSS to your existing template. Not a trivial step.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn