[SOLVED] Top area size

14 years 3 months ago #118099 by MauriceM
[SOLVED] Top area size was created by MauriceM
I love the coolness template - looks great. Many thanks for all the hard work.
I have a module in the top area (the green bar). It displays the first two lines of text fine - but if there are more than two lines then the third and subsequent lines are not showing.
Is it possible to make this area grow with the size required - or can I increase it to a larger size?
Please supply precise details of what changes I need to make because I do not like messing with scripts I am not familiar with.
Many thanks
Maurice

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/12/02 16:29

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 3 months ago #118107 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Top area size
Do you have an example site I may examine? I'm not understanding your usage. The green bar at the top was intended and design to be a menu and it is on a percentage based value so it should expand according to the size of your template if using fixed. I using varied then it should of course expand to accommodate the size of the browser window.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 3 months ago #118111 by MauriceM
Replied by MauriceM on topic Re:Top area size
Hi
The website concerned is
www.bradfordfamilychurch.org.uk/newjoomla/
Thanks for your support
Maurice

14 years 3 months ago #118119 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Top area size
I see, you're using the menu position for an unintended purpose. To obtain what you're wanting will require some extensive editing. First you'll need to expand the header adjusting the following CSS then you can go from there (I suggest using Firebug for Firefox to help find CSS classes/ids).

In: templates/coolness/css/template_css.css
On: 231
[code:1]
height: 83px;
[/code:1]
To:
[code:1]
height: 150px;
[/code:1]

As you can see this distorts the template significantly. You then need to expand the background down the new height followed by expanding the menusearch DIV to the new height as well as the menusearch DIV background.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 3 months ago #118130 by MauriceM
Replied by MauriceM on topic Re:Top area size
Hmm
I can see that what I am trying to do would spoil the template. Thanks for the advice - but I think I am best reviewing how I use the standard template to retain its cool looks.
Thanks again for such quick support - much appreciated
Maurice

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn