Need help with url problem

14 years 3 months ago #118533 by mariealline
Need help with url problem was created by mariealline
I don't know if this is a template problem, a cb problem, a joomla problem or server problem. I have been looking for answers and trying different things and nothing seems to work. Maybe someone here can point me in the right direction anyway.

I am using the latest version of CB and the Coolness template. When I go to the homepage at mariealline.com I can see the full template. When I login, I get the full homepage template with all of the modules, etc. Then I go to the User menu (not the main menu) and click to go to the gallery or my games or some other webpage and I get unformatted pages, all white with nothing but text.

What I have done to try to fix it.... I have turned off SEF in the plugins. Didn't work. I have turned of Search Engine friendly urls. Didn't work. I have turned off Apache mod_rewrite. Didn't solve the problem. I never had the "add suffix to urls" turned on. I am using the simple .htaccess file included in the joomla install.

I create a page called "About Us" and published it with a link to the main menu. When I click on the link, the url that it accesses is "mariealline.com/index.php/component/images/comprofiler/plugins/editors/tinymce/components/about-us" and I get the white unformatted page. Then I click on the user menu to go to Community forums and it accesses this page and I get another white unformatted page with just text.

"mariealline.com/index.php/component/images/comprofiler/plugins/editors/tinymce/components/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=12"

What could be going on here? I just don't get it!

I can't seem to resolve this problem. It is driving me nuts! I have never had this problem before the last several months.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Marie Alline

Thank you,
Marie Alline
mariealline.com
footprints-online.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 3 months ago #118677 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Need help with url problem
Looks like something wrong with your live site URL. Check your Joomla configuration and ensure you did not place anything in the live_site setting if using J15. I recommend a fresh install of Joomla + CB; issue does not appear template related.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn