[SOLVED] Registration page reversed cols

14 years 2 months ago #120217 by abo
I love coolness, but ran across a strange bug (?)....

When using the template within a MembershipControl component, the CB registration page flips to show icons first, followed by fields and finally by : Name etc.
(see www.c-supervision.net/index.php/component/osemsc/register)

This only happens with template coolness. The problem is not present with any other standard template.

Any ideas???? :(

Post edited by: abo, at: 2009/12/28 21:21

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/12/30 15:29

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 months ago #120240 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Registration page reversed cols
Don't know what that extension is, but you've altered the registration from its original form and thus can not provide support. We don't support alterations, modifications, etc... Please disable the extension entirely and confirm if working properly once removed.

Looking at the source of your page the elements are aligned and in place properly. Likely CSS or JS from your extension is causing this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 2 months ago #120244 by abo
Replied by abo on topic Re:Registration page reversed cols
Thanks for having a look at the issue.

The software is Opensource Excellence Membership Control - as the name says opensource ;-)

The weird thing is, the problem does not come up with any other template! That's why I thought you might have an idea .... or be interested at looking at the cause. B)

Oh yes, turning off the component brings everything back to normal and works fine. But I would like to use component..... The CSS has not been changed. I will try to follow up on your idea with the JS.

14 years 2 months ago #120246 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Registration page reversed cols
Each template uses different heirachy to modify CSS. For example the following can be done multiple ways.
[code:1]
<div class="1">
<div class="2">
<div class="3"></div>
</div>
</div>
[/code:1]
AS
.1 div div {
color: red;
}
OR
.1 .2 div {
}
OR
.1 .2 .3 {
}

etc... So you never really know. The extension is loading the registration page in an iframe, which likely is contributing in its display issues. Issue could be JS or CSS; I don't know and can't say for sure. However, a major contributing factor is indeed the extension.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 2 months ago #120261 by abo
Thanks once again for your patience and efforts! At the moment it is an "either - or" situation.

It obviously is an incompatibility issue. Both tools (the template and the component) work perfectly on their own, the problem only comes up if you combine the two.

As both tools were (gladly) paid for B) - and I am not a programmer :( - I need help... And as both sides (Joomlapolis and Opensource-Excellence) have a record of being willing to help :) I am sure (well, hopeful) we will find a solution.

I will report back....

14 years 2 months ago #120363 by abo
Okay.... Got an answer you might want to be aware of:
B)
joomla/templates/coolness/component.php needs to be modified "to reflect all CSS in your template" ... "However, from my experience, many template providers do not take care of this file, so you will need to edit this file to change the layout."

Right.... for coolness there seems to be no component.php :ohmy:

So maybe I am on the right track now! B)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.593 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn