[SOLVED] Send PM on cbContent Help

14 years 3 months ago #120710 by rctelles
[SOLVED] Send PM on cbContent Help was created by rctelles
Hello, Purchased a multi-use license for Coolness and I love it. On my private/testing server I installed the template, plugin, and module and did everything by the book and it works perfect. So I redid the same on one of my development sites but on a users profile it doesnt show the little icon for "Send Private Message". So I look at the source and on the one that does show the icon it says:

[code:1]<li class="cbMenuItem cbMenuEogr2 cbMenu_UE_PM_USER" title="Send a Private Message to this user"><a href="http://192.168.1.104/index.php?option=com_uddeim&task=new&recip=66&Itemid=16">Send Private Message
<li class="cbMenuItem cbMenuEogr2 cbMenu_UE_MENU_SENDUSEREMAIL" title="Send an Email to this user"><a href="http://192.168.1.104/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=emailUser&uid=66&Itemid=2" title="Send an Email to this user">Send Email
[/code:1]

Now for the production site which does not show the little icon it shows this. The only difference between my private site and production is that I have send email and pm enabled on my private, but only a user private message on my production. Here is what it shows:

[code:1]<li class="cbMenuItem cbMenuEogr2 cbMenuSend Private Message" title="Send a Private Message to this user"><a href="mysitesurl.com/mysitesinbox-inbox?task=new&recip=88">Send Private Message

mysitesurl.com is not the address, I just removed it for privacy. If someone really needs it to help, please pm me.

My question is how do I edit the output to be correct? Any and all help is appreciated.

Post edited by: rctelles, at: 2010/01/04 04:26

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/02/02 22:14

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 3 months ago #120749 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Send PM on cbContent Help
Something in your production site is translating CB strings before they're being used. Not sure what, but examine what 3rd party extensions (including 3rd party cb plugins) and disable them 1 by 1 until resolved (most likely a Joomla System Plugin or CB Plugin), which is the result of your PM icon not showing.

The code for PMS menu links is at the following location.
In: components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbmenu/cb.menu.php
On: Lines 1064-1077
[code:1]
// Send PMS

I'm not able to duplicate your issues with missing description (title mouse-over) however.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/01/04 15:33

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 3 months ago #120924 by rctelles
Replied by rctelles on topic Re:Send PM on cbContent Help
I sent pm krileon. Also, I use joomlagator in the debug, but it hasnt worked with this new template like it did with js_purity. Any advice before I put the google analytics code in the template itself? (something i dont want to do)

14 years 3 months ago #121044 by rctelles
Well, I've been through every file in the /language folder. Im totally stumped but still messing around with the production site on a backed up copy. I will load it onto a local computer with wamp or xampp and try the disabling of plugins but I cant think of much different I have done from my test and production site.

Curious that nobody has had this problem before. Krileon is right though, something with the _UE_SEND_PM string is funky. Will still keep at it, but just in case, what would someone charge me to look into/fix this?

14 years 2 months ago #123395 by rctelles
Guys, I am kind of getting desperate at this. What would someone charge me to fix this? I suspect it's really easy, but I've tried what seems like everything.

Please PM me on here to get the website URL. Serious offers only please.

14 years 2 months ago #123461 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Send PM on cbContent Help
Please PM backend access and will take a look. Please note I will be performing debug steps which if is a live site users may experience technical difficulty during this test time. B)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn