Coolness html edit

14 years 1 month ago #125342 by Karol
Coolness html edit was created by Karol
Is coolness template html editable? I have tried to edit some of it and it does not let me. I get an error and the changes do not get saved??? Any ideas anyone?
Thanks, :(

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #125353 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Coolness html edit
Could you please be more specific as to what your error is? Are you attempting to edit the template from within Joomla backend? Please check that the template has appropriate permissions set (use your webhost panel file manager or FTP to adjust). The HTML is certainly available for edit; simply navigate to its directory and make what changes you wish to make within your favorite html/php editor. ;)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #125358 by Karol
Replied by Karol on topic Re:Coolness html edit
Hi, This is the error I get when I try to edit html from joomla backend:

"The page cannot be displayed
The page you are trying to reach cannot be retrieved.

Please try the following:

Open the www.mydomain.com home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Click Search to look for information on the Internet.
You can also see a list of related sites.

Error 501/505 - Not implemented or not supported
Internet Explorer. "

I was able to edit the template using Virtualmin file manager index.php file. However, I have not been able to find an option there to change the file permission for coolness template so that same could be done from joomla backend?:(
Thanks,

Post edited by: Karol, at: 2010/02/26 18:52

13 years 11 months ago #128816 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic Re:Coolness html edit
(Excuse my very bad english I'm speaking german.)
I found the following that could be interesting.
With firebug i tried in my Community.html to input a background for "sectiontableheader". In CSS I did'nt found anything. But in coolness template I changed not only the colour I also wrote in the same field the needed background. ... and wondering... there it was.
Perhaps this helps trying more.

13 years 11 months ago #128911 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Coolness html edit

I was able to edit the template using Virtualmin file manager index.php file. However, I have not been able to find an option there to change the file permission for coolness template so that same could be done from joomla backend?

Please use an FTP Client to edit permissions or when in Virtualmin File Manager locate the template folder and its files. Please now click the folder and click Info on the menu bar, this will allow you to change permissions. You may do the same for the templates files to ensure has proper write permission.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/04/01 17:23

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn