More than one modules in any module position

13 years 3 months ago #149441 by dards
Hi

I am using this templates here

www.rcpak.com

I am facing formatting issue when I publish more than one module in any module position.

For example: I am using kunena and I have published the latest post module at user5. Now when I publish another module say a super activity module at user5 whatever I have published at user6 position moves below the user5 module position.

This is actually happening with all module positions. Anywhere I publish more than one module the formatting goes all bad.

Please help! Please let me know if you need more details.

Post edited by: dards, at: 2010/12/26 12:21

Post edited by: dards, at: 2010/12/27 03:43

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #149497 by krileon
Module positions 3, 4, 5, and 6 lose their formatting if more the 1 module is placed at their position. The special formatting is designed for single module usage. It is working as intended. If you want it to affect multiple modules in the same position (3, 4, 5, or 6) then you'd need to adjust the CSS to do so (as well as edit the index.php file to apply the class still).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #149542 by dards
Thanks for the reply . Yes this is happening only with module positions u mentioned rest of the module positions I can publish more than one modules without any formatting problems.

Okay I am not so good with css would appreciate if you could give me a tip or two on how to fix it?

Post edited by: dards, at: 2010/12/28 01:37

13 years 3 months ago #149575 by krileon

Okay I am not so good with css would appreciate if you could give me a tip or two on how to fix it?

There isn't really any "fixing" it as it was designed this way intentionally. To adjust it otherwise is going to take a lot of modifications. It's adding special styling that can only apply to a single module.

If you remove the conditional to determine if the position has more then 1 module then the styling would encase ALL the modules in that position and not how you're wanting (see below example).

Desired:
STYLE
MODULE
STYLE
STYLE
MODULE
STYLE

Result:
STYLE
MODULE
MODULE
STYLE

The ID topusers has the module count applied which determines what style to use. I suppose you could edit it within the templates index.php and remove the <?php echo $topCount; ?> from the ID, but you'll get the above Result.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn