HOW CAN I SET UP A DROP DOWN MENU USING COOLNESS

13 years 2 months ago #153956 by zimjr03
I am using the Coolness Template in my Community Builder Site.

I would like to display sub menus under my Main Menu (Top position) items but for some reason they will not show up although I have selected that sub menus always be displayed within the Main Menu Module settings. I also have the module menu style set to "List". I've played with some of the other parameters and at one point was able to display the sub menu but it squeezed it into the same spot instead of a drop down...

I have also tried to an additional Main Menu item and it will only allow me to display five. Is there a way to add one or two more and how?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #154150 by krileon
Coolness has no drop-down menu and no where does it state it does. You'll need to navigate to Joomla.org and find a menu module extension that will allow displaying your Joomla menus as drop-downs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #155193 by blueprints
Hello,

I tried all the drop-down-menus from extensions.joomla.org/extensions/structure-a-navigation/menu-systems/drop-a-tab-menus (all non-commercial for Joomla 1.6) and all have the same problem with the coolness-template: The drop-down doesn´t work because something of the template overlies the drop-down, you can see it here with Art Wijmo Menu:

golf.boedeker.de (test-site).

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks
Peter

13 years 1 month ago #155199 by Jacob
Peter,

I'm the Coolness template designer.

To fix your issue change:
#menusearch { height:33px; line-height:33px; overflow:hidden; }

To
#menusearch { height:33px; line-height:33px; }

In template_css.css of Coolness's Joomla template.

Joomla Development and Support since 2005

13 years 1 month ago #155305 by blueprints
Done. But nothing happens. Whether in IE nor in Firefox. You can see it online. Can I do something else?

Thank you!
Peter

13 years 1 month ago #155330 by Jacob
Peter, please remove the "overflow: hidden" from the #header as well.

Joomla Development and Support since 2005
The following user(s) said Thank You: blueprints

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn