Jogadets in a CB tab?!?!

18 years 6 days ago #10053 by jeebee
Jogadets in a CB tab?!?! was created by jeebee
Hey folks! :woohoo:
I have tried to get an answer for this question for a few days and one person was kind enough to try and point me in a direction but his idea did not work. (You can see those posts searching for "Jogadets")

Ok, first I LOVE the Jogadgets candy! If you have not played with this the go to www.jogadgets.com really cool and exactly what I need for my community builder. It is simple, has a great look. Its perfect!

Now I just need to get it to work in a CB tab. If I put this code into a content item on the site

{jgxgal folder:=[images/shots]}

It performs perfect. But I need to put this into a CB tab. The person on the other posts suggested that I place the code into a tab configured with an editor text window. But that did not work. I think because it is now inside a component and not in the main site.

Any ideas?
:unsure:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 6 days ago #10067 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Jogadets in a CB tab?!?!
If you write your own plugin, you can do just about anything with that. See the plugin API document at downloads.

mikko

18 years 6 days ago #10102 by jeebee
Replied by jeebee on topic Re:Jogadets in a CB tab?!?!
Wow! Ok... Is there a blank plug-in I can build on?

I wont lie, I dont even know what I am looking at...:unsure:

18 years 6 days ago #10106 by jeebee
Replied by jeebee on topic Re:Jogadets in a CB tab?!?!
Ok, next question...

{jgxgal folder:=[images/shots]}

This is the code for my own shots. How do I make this to where each user can imput thier own head shots and not mine. Or do I make a custom plugin for each user?

18 years 6 days ago #10107 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Jogadets in a CB tab?!?!
Unfortunately there is not a blank plugin. The best way to get started would propably be to get one of the more simple plugins from downloads and then build on that.

To change the image for each user, you need to do an sql query which fetches the name and path of avatar for the user. For a gallery function, you need to integrate to a galery component (on the database level)

-mikko

18 years 6 days ago #10108 by pointri
Replied by pointri on topic Re:Jogadets in a CB tab?!?!
Heh, I overlooked in that other post that getting mambots to work in anything other than content items is a lost cause.

To make up for that faux pas, here's a link to a "hello world" CB plugin I posted some time back: what you minimally need to output a display and edit tab.

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,/func,view/catid,13/id,3811/#3811

Joomlapolitan zealot and a somewhat stealthy, rather passive CB3PD developer.
www.constructionlounge.com Construction Lounge: Online resource and networking portal for the construction and remodeling industries.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn