Support for better blog than Mamblog

17 years 11 months ago #10641 by thoeri
Support for better blog than Mamblog was created by thoeri
Hi,

I wish there was support (tab) for a better blog than Mamblog which is super slow, buggy like crazy and lacks functions. Mamblog must be one of the crappiest components for Joomla/Mambo!

Thoeri

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 11 months ago #10652 by mediaguru
Replied by mediaguru on topic Re:Support for better blog than Mamblog
couldn't agree more. Search for my post "does mamblog suck like I think it does?"

Joomblog looks promising but I couldn't get it working for every user on my site.

Search joomla.org forums for JD wordpress and b2E. There is work being done and the wordpress one is done IF you only need on user. I need MULTIPLE users, as in everyone on the site.

Do me a favor and let me know if you find anything out.

CB/Joomla golf site: www.thegolfspace.com
Geek/joomla site: www.tkserver.com

Check out my Joomla/CB projects:

* LIKE thumbs up system for "liking" content items
* Karma - CB user rating system
* Golf Score Tracker
* Jitter - status update system. "What's on your mind?"
* CB Author Plug - Shows CB author link and avatar in content items. J1.5 compatible and very customizable!

Found on my web site or in the Joomlapolis Directory !

17 years 11 months ago #10764 by newuser
Replied by newuser on topic Re:Support for better blog than Mamblog
Im really shocked that there is nothing good out there by now. We are living in the world of blogs. I agree though. Momblog blows

17 years 11 months ago #10775 by emagin
Replied by emagin on topic Re:Support for better blog than Mamblog
It seems to me a waste to go building blog or wiki components in Joomla when that is not what it's core strength is.

Best to use the bridges or component integrations of WordPress, which is easily in the top 1-2 blog tools out there. Same with MediaWiki. Both of those are being built to work within Joomla so why not use those.

Theoretically you can then leverage all the plugins and features that those tools release over time.

17 years 11 months ago #10808 by mediaguru
Replied by mediaguru on topic Re:Support for better blog than Mamblog
emagin wrote:

It seems to me a waste to go building blog or wiki components in Joomla when that is not what it's core strength is.

Best to use the bridges or component integrations of WordPress, which is easily in the top 1-2 blog tools out there. Same with MediaWiki. Both of those are being built to work within Joomla so why not use those.

Theoretically you can then leverage all the plugins and features that those tools release over time.

I don't disagree. Wordpress is THE BEST one out there and yes it is integrated thanks to JD.

BUT WORDPRESS ISN'T MULTI USER! You can't currently have a Wordpress blog for every joomla/CB user. That's the problem!

CB/Joomla golf site: www.thegolfspace.com
Geek/joomla site: www.tkserver.com

Check out my Joomla/CB projects:

* LIKE thumbs up system for "liking" content items
* Karma - CB user rating system
* Golf Score Tracker
* Jitter - status update system. "What's on your mind?"
* CB Author Plug - Shows CB author link and avatar in content items. J1.5 compatible and very customizable!

Found on my web site or in the Joomlapolis Directory !

17 years 11 months ago #10810 by dsendecki
Replied by dsendecki on topic Re:Support for better blog than Mamblog
There are multi user iterations of Wordpress around -- a couple...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn